water leak ... is there a pull-out hose on your kitchen faucet? tighten the head !!!!!!

Lisa5065
Level 1
British Columbia, Canada

water leak ... is there a pull-out hose on your kitchen faucet? tighten the head !!!!!!

During a guests' stay, the neighbour below reported water damage to their ceiling due to water leaking from my condo. My plumber attended and said the problem was simple; it was a loose head on the pull-out hose on the kitchen sink faucet. He hand-tightened it. (He recommended we all do that, and check the hose for leaks, once a month to prevent this headache and expense.)

My neighbour below has made a claim with his insurance company.  There was little damage to my unit. My cost $150 for the plumber, including an inspection of all water sources in my unit.

My guests said perhaps the cleaning person loosened it while cleaning. My guests said they were teaching the teenager how to cook before he starts uni. Did the teen do it? My point is, I don't want the finger pointing. I just want advice on how to proceed. Will Airbnb back me up on this? I'm bracing myself for negative strata reaction as they see Airbnb as a negative. I only accept guests with excellent reviews for an average of a month at a time. 

Can I skip an ugly dispute resolution and go directly to Airbnb insurance to help me settle my neighbour's claim against me? Will Airbnb help me respond to negativity/demands about Airbnb from others in the building?

0 Replies 0