Advance Notice Settings/Same-Day Requests: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Advance Notice Settings/Same-Day Requests: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Same-Day-Requests-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/44029#M2126

Some people do not want same day requests so you can have your calendar automatically block off same-day requests or other options.

Advanced Notice Settings

Step 1: Click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings" and then choose the listing you wish to set your Advanced Notice settings.

1.png

Step 2: Go to the "Availability" tab and then in the "Reservation prefences" section choose "Edit".

1.png

Step 3: You can then choose the option that best suits your listing from the Advanced notice dropdown menu and choose "Save".  The choices for Advance Notice setting are:

- Same day (customizable cutoff time) which means you can go to the lower "Guests can book same day until" box and choose a time cutoff of same day booking

- At least one day's notice

- At least two day's notice

- At least three day's notice

-At least seven day's notice

1.png

Here is how each selection will look on your calendar:

At least one day's notice

The calendar will be blocked for that day and it will have a stopwatch image.

same day requests1.png

At least two day's notice

The calendar will be blocked for that day and the following day and it will have a stopwatch image.

same day requests2.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

6 Replies 6

Dear Dave and Deb,

i have a  situation here. i'm a Canadian living here in Argentina, and i joined AirBnB last year. i started getting requests to rent out the house but i feel ill, (hernia) and they had to operate quickly.  then time to recuperate. i declined all and blocked out the dates. then th eblocking ended and again was getting requests, but now we are expecting a  baby and  we  have  family that came in to  stay  with helping out. during this time, i declined and reblocked again,  but this morning , i  got  an  email of a  lady stating that she paid for 4 nites and i never received an  email from her requesting.  she called me, saying that she  inquiried on the 9th of dec, but i looked  back and never seen an  email of requesting. what do i do? i  dont want to get penalized and i have no idea where is  this money.  i checked my bank account and see  nothing.  i dont  know who to contact other than what i see here offered asking others. can you help me, please

thanks

sal

Angela1303
Level 1
Pavones, Costa Rica

My edit button is 'shaded' I can't edit the setting in availability such as advance notice. Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

Lilja3
Level 2
Reykjavík, Iceland

I have my settings to "at least 1 day's notice" but two times in a row I'm getting requests for same day check in. Can someone explain to me what is happening??

We have been getting so many same-day requests that we would be giving up a lot of reservations if we disallowed them altogether. Is there a way to add a little “same-day premium”? Maybe 5 or 10% for requests coming in under 24 hours in advance?

The article is very easy to understand, detailed and meticulous! I had a lot of harvest after watching this article from you! I find it interesting, your article gave me a new perspective! I have read many other articles on the same topic, but your article convinced me!  geometry dash

Debra462
Level 1
Northampton, MA

I temporarily changed the setting to same day check in and now it will not give me an option to switch back to 2 days notice. Help! I am not set up to have people just show up as it is my primary residence.