Changing the Check In/Check Out Times: A Community Help Guide [UPDATE]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Changing the Check In/Check Out Times: A Community Help Guide [UPDATE]

Here are the steps to change the check-in and Check-out times on your listing.

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Adding-a-Cleaning-Fee-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/53351#M24...

Step 1: Click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings" and then choose the listing you wish to add the cancellation policy to.

1.png

Step 2: Select "Booking settings" and then scroll down to the "Policies" section and on the right hand side, choose "Edit"

1.png

Step 3: Choose the Check-in start time and the checkout time and als choose the check-in end time that suits your needs.  Then ensure you choose "Save".

1.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

7 Replies 7
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Dave-and-Deb0 , o wow, your guides are so amazing! so professional and easy to follow . Thanks for doing all that work 🙂

Thank you @Annette33.  I updated all the my Help Guides and they should be all moved to one location like the outdated ones live today!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Alison163
Level 2
Arncroach, United Kingdom

Thank you for this guide. I plan to change my check in window from 2pm-10pm to 4pm-10pm. What about the people who have already booked? Will they know about the change? Or should I message them?

Chrissy-and-Greg0
Level 3
Fairlie, New Zealand

AirBnB seems to have changed where you can edit the Check in and Check out times.   Under Policy in the House Rules section, it now states that Check in check out times are edited from the "Availability" tab - however when I go into that section, there are no options for editing the check in / check out times!   Can anyone tell me where these settings are now?  Or is it a bug in the AIrBnB website?

@Chrissy-and-Greg0 , I noticed that yesterday as well - annoying!

It does show up on the app though, under booking settings >calendar> check in/check out times.

but currently not via the web site .

Yup. Finding the same issue right now. Can't find anywhere to change the check-in and out times.

Robert4792
Level 2
Box Elder, SD

Can you change the time after the reservation is made, or while the guest is in the property?