Easy duvet cover trick that will change your life!

Answered!
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Easy duvet cover trick that will change your life!

Hi everyone, 

maxresdefault.jpg

The faster way.......

1. Lay the comforter flat on top of your mattress.
  2. Take your duvet cover and turn it inside out. Insert your hands inside and find the two top corners. You should now be holding one corner in each hand.
  3.  With your hands inside the duvet cover, reach down to grab hold of the comforter’s top two corners.
  4. Holding the top two corners tightly, flip the duvet cover right side out over the comforter. Give it a shake and a fluff until the duvet cover falls down to cover most of the comforter.
  5.  Pull the duvet cover down. Stuff the bottom two corners of the comforter inside the bottom two corners of the duvet cover. Once everything is aligned, zip it up!

How to Put on a Duvet Cover in Seconds!

https://youtu.be/kPhEDNc8_mE

The simple way...........

1. Turn your duvet cover inside out.
  2. Spread it across your mattress with its opening at the foot of the bed.
  3. Lay your duvet on top of the cover.
  4. If your duvet and duvet cover has inner ties, fasten them now. If not, you can use large safety pins to fasten the corners of the cover to the duvet, or simply do without.
  5. Starting from the head of your bed, roll the duvet and its cover together like a burrito. It's easiest if you have a partner, but if not, switch from side to side as you work.
  6. When your "burrito" is rolled, fold the duvet cover opening around the bedding bundle.
  7. Close your duvet cover with its zipper, buttons, or ties.
  8. Unroll your "burrito" towards the top of the bed.
  9. Fluff as necessary, and voilà! Your duvet is in its cover.

Use This Simple Trick to Put Your Duvet Cover On!

https://youtu.be/EFOhjljieqs

Happy Hosting!
2 Best Answers
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Classic @Dale711 @Ute42 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @M199 

Maybe they learnt this 'trick' from how they used to make comforters / bedspreads when they were sewing them together, with horse and animal hair and wool, natural fibres the  world used to use before synthetics that the Gen Y's, Zeros etc came upon this earth?

View Best Answer in original post

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Never had a problem putting a duvet in the cover, and even if I did, a video showing me how wouldn't change my life.

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Dale711 

That makes way to much sense!  Thank You!

@Dale711 

I've always used the 1st method without even thinking about the *how* since it's how my mom did it all my life.  😀

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

yes, I've seen the second method years ago and tried it but... it works only if your duvet cover has a large opening from side to side like the one used for this video. It doesn't work well if the opening is just in the middle. Unfortunately, all Ikea covers we use have narrow openings so it's a struggle 😞

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Jessica-and-Henry0 

That's interesting. My mother also always used the 1st method. She showed me how to do it and now I'm doing it the way she always did.

How come a mother in Korea and a Mother in Germany came up with the exact same concept how to change a duvet cover at time when there was no internet and being thousands of miles away from each other? Was there a magic transfer of thoughts between the two of them?

I'm not happy about this thread.

Some unknown person puts up a video on Youtube by stealing the 50 year old idea of a korean and german mother, acting as if this was her own idea and now becoming famous on social media.

And Dale states: This trick will change Your life! My life doesn't change over this thread, I'm doing it this way for decades.

I think that's just how people are today. Everyone wants to become famous no matter how.

Cc: @M199 @Branka-and-Silvia0   

@Ute42 

The only thing I'd like to say about our mothers is ....... "Great minds think alike~"  😁 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Ute42 
Today was the first time I saw this video.. I did not know the mother in Korea or Germany.
Still, I found out years ago that making the bed with method 1 worked for me bery well
I even added something 🙂

When I take off the duvet cover,  I keep them inside out. That way they keep their colours better when washing them.

So when my duvet cover comes inside out of the laundry, I can just grab the comforter and give it a shake and fluf.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Guten tag @Ute42 ,

I’m so sorry to hear about the thread doesn't make you happy!

That is too bad.

Perhaps, it's may help the Airbnb Millennials, Generation Yers, Generation Zers and Generation Alpa.

“Everyone want to be famous no matter how” 

Is Airbnb a part of the entertainment industry?

By surprisingly, this is not what the community members to be famous for.

Think about it this way: Suppose that you produced something that could last for a long time (a book or a song or an idea …) and that you had a very large fan base, a lot of people know you and love your work, this would make you famous. The days would pass by, years would pass by, and eventually, like all of us, you’ll die. When that happens, your fans would be sad, you’ll have a large funeral, memorials would be held in your honor, and your work would last for a long time.

Let’s say 60 or 70 years after that, almost all of your original fans would also be dead, and the people who remember you would do that from the internet or from what other fans told them, you’d still be remembered and your work would still hold, but with a lower magnitude.

More years pass by, let’s say your work was so great and it still lasted, I’m sure lesser people would know you by then, almost everyone who loved you died. However, your name still appears occasionally in some searches and so on.

Another 100 years pass, 200 years, 300, 400 years, how about 500?

Where are you now?

Where are your fans?

You still do exist somewhere in history, you are still found in the records, and at least a few people would know you, but would you still be famous? How about 2000 years after that?

Just like everyone else, you’d be long gone, and just like everyone else, you’d be forgotten. That is our end, no one would stay famous forever because everything comes to an end, and fighting only brings you misery and takes you on endless roads of struggle.

However, if you work on having a positive impact on the lives of others, if you aim to produce what you love in order to help others in any possible way, without aiming for popularity in the sense explained above, if you acknowledge that it wouldn’t really make a difference whether you become famous or not, you would find that it’s enough, this would be a sufficient goal, a very beautiful one also.

So, no, I do not aim to be famous, in the end, it’s the same for all of us or you may do.

@Dale711 

I agree with most of what You said.

It just would have been nice it there was a credit to Jessica's an my mom in that video.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Classic @Dale711 @Ute42 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @M199 

Maybe they learnt this 'trick' from how they used to make comforters / bedspreads when they were sewing them together, with horse and animal hair and wool, natural fibres the  world used to use before synthetics that the Gen Y's, Zeros etc came upon this earth?

Hi @Helen427,

I always learn something from your post, I inprised by you!

Thank you, HelenThank you, Helen

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ute42,

You are really making be laugh right now.  Since Germans and Koreans (especially the mothers) are known for being very industrious, who's to say that they didn't have the forethought that there will be a way in the future to share their knowledge with people worldwide.  So, they wrote down or tape recorded their duvet changing techniques, and put them in time capsules.  Which were opened many years later by a person who likes to make videos and post them YouTube.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Never had a problem putting a duvet in the cover, and even if I did, a video showing me how wouldn't change my life.

Nevertheless,I stated it may change the life for the  Millennials , Gen Y,  Gen Z and G Alpa!

It may be not for Builders, Baby Boonbers, Gen J and Gen X.

Its too bad,

“ not your cups of tea!”

I'm a millennial and have used a duvet cover since birth. I do not trust duvets that don't tie in the corner. I hate changing them because it takes much longer than "seconds." That being the reason I don't use them for 1 or 2-night stays.