How Much Does a Guest Pay? - A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

How Much Does a Guest Pay? - A Community Help Guide

Several hosts have posted on the Community Center asking how much a guest pays for staying at their listing. You can get an estimate of what a guest will pay BUT the price varies depending on where the guest is booking from. Here is how!

Step 1: Go to your listing and then select "Preview Listing".

estimate 1.png

Step 2: Insert the check in and check out dates and the number of guests.

estimatea.png

You will now have an estimate of how much the guest will pay. Please be aware that the price showing can be different depending on where the guest is from. Please see the screen captures of my result, Elaine's and @Jeannette0's.  Thank you ladies for helping me out with this!

My result - Edmonton, Alberta. Canada.

estimatedave.png
Elaine's result - La belle France

estimate3.png
@Jeannette0's result - Maryland, Baltimore. USA

estimate j.png

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

21 Replies 21
Isabelle319
Level 2
Hamburg, Germany

I am new at hosting with Airbnb. 

My question is = why Airbnb is charging my 2nd customer a nighty price different from the one I have set in my profile? I checked in my profile and my price is correct but i received a mail from Airbnb telling me how much I was going to earn with my next guest and the nighty price announced/requested by Airbnb is different. How comes??!

I sent a message to the help desk but no answe so far....

Have you already faced such situation? Thanks for helping me. 

Hallo Isabelle, das ist ne leichte Frage.

Fuer mich ist sie das - but perhaps not for you as you find it confusing, clearly.

The answer can be foud in you pricing settings.

Have a look when you go to manage your listing(s), go to pricing, scroll down to extra charges, there is an extra guest charge.

click on "edit". Scroll down again.

Now you can amend/adjust/delete the charge for extra guests, counting after the first or second guest, or third, that is up to you. 

In my case I have a whole 2-storey house on offer and when there are only 2 guests I charge the standard room charge only, or if the whole house is required and I have to vacate my home, for example if the party consists of more than 2 guest, i.e. 3-6 people, I will charge for the 3rd guest, the 4th, the 5th and the 6th an extra amount to cover for my overheads.

(e.g. me moving to another location, extra usage of water/electricity/gas/towels/bedlinen/cleaning after check-out may jusify another $50 per additional head) Any hotel you go to also has a max. number of people per room restriciton, then extra charges will apply.

If you only want to charge a flat charge regardless, it may be best to set the extra guest rate to $0.

Does this make sense and have I answered your question?

Gruss aus dem schoenen Sydney,

Frank

Hallo Isabelle, das ist ne leichte Frage.

Fuer mich ist sie das - but perhaps not for you as you find it confusing, clearly.

The answer can be foud in you pricing settings.

Have a look when you go to manage your listing(s), go to pricing, scroll down to extra charges, there is an extra guest charge.

click on "edit". Scroll down again.

Now you can amend/adjust/delete the charge for extra guests, counting after the first or second guest, or third, that is up to you. 

In my case I have a whole 2-storey house on offer and when there are only 2 guests I charge the standard room charge only, or if the whole house is required and I have to vacate my home, for example if the party consists of more than 2 guest, i.e. 3-6 people, I will charge for the 3rd guest, the 4th, the 5th and the 6th an extra amount to cover for my overheads.

(e.g. me moving to another location, extra usage of water/electricity/gas/towels/bedlinen/cleaning after check-out may jusify another $50 per additional head) Any hotel you go to also has a max. number of people per room restriciton, then extra charges will apply.

If you only want to charge a flat charge regardless, it may be best to set the extra guest rate to $0.

Does this make sense and have I answered your question?

Gruss aus dem schoenen Sydney,

Frank

Did you set the smart pricining on? That could be the reason why is different prices...

Neti1
Level 4
New Orleans, LA

I like the feature on the calendar, that you can select the dates there, and choose the link "what do guests pay" just under the Price for the night. Neti

Anastasio0
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hello,

i am new...

In a 2 single bed room, do the hosts charge per night based for 1 or 2 people? 

Thank you you for your help and time. 🙏

Anastasio0
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hello,

i am new...

Thank you you for your help and time. 🙏

Anastasio0
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hello,

i am new...

Thank you you for your help and time.

2 people normally pay the same as one, I charge an extra 10 usd per person per night after double occupancy. 

Hello,

I need some assistance. I have set different rates for decemer in my airbnb ($25pppn)

However I just had an inquiry for that month and the inquiry rate shows a lesser price ($15pppn which is the low season rate that I usually charge)

I checked my calender and the rates seem to be that of the higher one ($25)

Why does it seem that i will be losing out on money with the inquiry? This has never happened before?

Please assist

Thanks

Daphne30
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have just had the same experience.  My advertised nghtly rate is £189 oer night but a guest has just booked for £211 for TWO nights.  How come?  I do not offer a discount.

Hi everyone. I am also new here and I need an advice.

I set a low price per night cause my home is at the suburb. I thought that the price will be per night and also per person. I got a reservation for 5 people. and I thought the price will be multiply by 5. or at least be higher. but I don't see any change in the price in that reservation. why is that? Is the price that I put per night doesn't suppose to change if there are more persons?