How Much Does a Guest Pay? - A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

How Much Does a Guest Pay? - A Community Help Guide

Several hosts have posted on the Community Center asking how much a guest pays for staying at their listing. You can get an estimate of what a guest will pay BUT the price varies depending on where the guest is booking from. Here is how!

Step 1: Go to your listing and then select "Preview Listing".

estimate 1.png

Step 2: Insert the check in and check out dates and the number of guests.

estimatea.png

You will now have an estimate of how much the guest will pay. Please be aware that the price showing can be different depending on where the guest is from. Please see the screen captures of my result, Elaine's and @Jeannette0's.  Thank you ladies for helping me out with this!

My result - Edmonton, Alberta. Canada.

estimatedave.png
Elaine's result - La belle France

estimate3.png
@Jeannette0's result - Maryland, Baltimore. USA

estimate j.png

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

21 Replies 21
Bonnie133
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I have the same problem. Someone please confirm my calcilations. 

I just learned that our pricing for weekly and monthly does not matter if a person books more than 28 days. 

Airbnb goes strictly by day. So if someone is staying 2 months 2 weeks and 3 days AIRbnb looks at it as 77 days and will take your day rate times 77 and then deduct the monthly discount you set.

***So at $139.00 per night for 77 days minus 45% discount for long term they would pay $4,816.35 minus airbnb fees.

Bonnie L. Kanner
Bonnie133
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I  learned the hard way.

You have to be very careful of the discounts on airbnb.

When I signed up I gave a 20% booking discount for 1st 3 bookings . I  thought it was only for the nightly rate .  I did not know it was on top the 20% weekly and 45% monthly discounts. 

I also had no idea it was set on auto book so that someone could book without communicating with me. 

It is very difficult to get help with how Airbnb calculates their pricing. I would definetely suggest that no one new signs up for  automatic booking .

Did you know that when someone books 1  month they automatically receive am extended stay discount off of any days they book on  either side of that month?

For instance  lets say someone signs up to arrive July 15 and they want to stay until Sept 30th.

That is 2 weeks and 3 days. 

I thought my $600 weekly would be in effect for the first to weeks and the daily rate $100 for the last 3 days they would receive the 45% monthly discount for Aug and Sept at $1,700. 

Well it was not true . Airbnb looked at it as 77 days and gave a 45% discount on the entire reservation. 

I had to increase my nightly charge to 139.00  in order to net what i need on the long term reservations that use a partial month. 

I may not get any reservations that way but I don't know what else to do I do not want to price my house to low after all its at the beach. I wish they would price month as month , week as week and day as day instead of the way they do it.

Bonnie

Bonnie L. Kanner

@Bonnie133 That exactly happened to me haha!

You could always offer less of a discount. Lets say 5% off for a week and 10% off for a month. Or whatever makes sense to you. 

Devin-and-Sarah0
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

When Do You Pay On Airbnb?

Your Airbnb payment is collected once the host accepts your reservation request or you book a reservation with Instant Booking.

In some countries, you will have the option to only pay a 50% deposit when you book with Airbnb’s new “Pay Less Up Front” program.

Your payment will be charged for the entire amount you choose at that time.

Source: https://www.airbnbuniverse.com/airbnb-when-do-you-pay/

Devin & Sarah, Superhost and Bloggers
Bryan93
Level 4
Surrey, Canada

Very interesting how AirBnB does this:

My info from AirBnB for this guest said:

$434 X 3 nights  $1302

Total (USD) $1448

The guest's said:

Price details
$568.01 x 3 nights. $1,704.03
Taxes $164.55
Total (USD)
$1,868.58
Includes a $210.81 service fee.

They are inflating the per night fee by $130

@Bryan93 what countries dollars is the above in?