Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to edit your post [Tutorial]

CC Tutorials.png

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

Today I wanted to share a short tutorial about editing your message in the Community Center. You may know how to edit your post, but if not, then this tutorial will help you!

Have you ever posted a message on the forum and then realized that you made a typo or forgot to include something? If this is the case, I'm pleased to tell you that you have 45 minutes to edit your post—isn't that great!

Just click on 'Options' at the top right-hand corner of your message on the thread, then 'Edit Reply':

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 15.27.15.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 15.41.20.png

Also, should you find any posts such a duplicate or an empty post, you can highlight this to me or@Lizzie, and we'll be more than happy to have a look into this. 

I hope this tutorial is useful for you!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Quincy,

Is there now a 45 minute delay before a post goes public or does your original post still go public immediately and you have 45 minutes to post an edited version?

Up to recently, if you posted and then edited it, existing subscribers to the thread saw both the original and the edited version in their email.

Steve.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Steve143,

That's a great question!

Your post will go public right away, and once it's public, you'll have 45 minutes to edit your post. This is not a new feature, but I thought I'd create a tutorial for the people who are not aware of this.

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I cannot find the edit feature for my posts now. I've always used it in the past in the hosting community. Do you know if something has changed, or is there a time limit for you to edit a post? I posted the day before and wanted to change a typo.  Not a big deal, but you never know what's going on here.