How to mention someone [Tutorial]

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to mention someone [Tutorial]

CC Tutorials.png

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to share a tutorial about how to mention someone in a post.

Why should I mention someone?

The '@' is to address members in the Community Center, and more importantly, that member will receive a notification as soon as you use it to mention them in a post.

Example: When I'm in a conversation, and I want to respond or ask something specifically to someone, you're more likely to get a response from that user if you mention them. If the user does not check back on that thread or is not following it, it is very likely that the person may miss your response.

How to mention someone?

To mention a person, you only have to type the (@) sign, and a drop-down menu will all names of those involved in that thread will appear. In this drop-down menu, you can then select the person you wish to mention in a post.

Mentioning user.png

Once you've selected the user you want to mention in your post, a notification will be sent to that user. In this way, the user that you've mentioned can return directly to your comment in the thread. 

I hope this tutorial helps you because this is an essential feature to communicate with each other 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

9 Replies 9
Cathy463
Level 3
Raetihi, New Zealand

Thank you @Quincy .  I now understand the importance of using the '@' symbol - I wasn't sure about it as some posts use it and others do not. 

Have a great day 🙂

Anne8797
Level 1
Stone, GB

@Quincy  That's good to know, thanks.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Glad to hear you find it useful @Anne8797 🙂

-----

Fran2
Level 10
Launceston, Australia

@Quincy a just practicing

! Thanks. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's working @Fran2 :-)! 

-----

Eljjov0
Level 2
Baguio, PH

@Quincy cool

Let's wishlist each other to get BETTER RANKINGS!
PHILIPPINES
www.airbnb.com/rooms/41070840
airbnb.com/rooms/28534323airbnb.com/rooms/28445731
airbnb.com/rooms/28476715
airbnb.com/rooms/28471086

AIRBNB PHILIPPINES
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Here's to better rankings @Eljjov0 :-).

Good luck!

-----

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I love this peice @Quincy  Thank you! (Have I called you in...???!!!) xxxxxxx 

I have a slightly different question. Might it be possible to encourage participants to a conversation they may wish to return to ...to rejoin without using the @ tag?. Is the only way to do this to press the 'join conversation ' button? Or does participating and asking or answering a question have the  effect of automatically inviting a participant back as if they had pressed the join button because they have not been silent?

Also do you think that the @tag can be overused? For example it could possibly have the effect of making some feel excluded if missed out.

Alternatively on occasion being called in to be the butt of some controversy or constantly opposing opinion can be very difficult and some folk may not realise they are doing this, or it may be intentional. Either way is it a difficulty that can possibly only be overcome by a request to not tag? I can't think of another solution at this point @Quincy . Can you???

Very best wishes from Mary

I recommend you a wonderful site reports that will help you write any written work.