How to start a conversation: A CC Tutorial

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to start a conversation: A CC Tutorial

CC Tutorials.png

Hi all,

This is the first in a series of CC Tutorials to help you navigate the Community Center. All tutorials are collected in this thread. In this tutorial I will explain how to start a conversation in the CC. 

Step 1: Make sure you are logged in! You will be unable to post in the Community Center if not. You can check by looking at the top right hand corner of your screen - if you are logged in you will be able to see your name and profile picture as below. If not, it will stay 'Log in' - click on it to log in.

Logged in.png

Step 2: On the Homepage, click on 'Start a conversation'. This will take you to the different discussion boards.

Start a conversation.png

Step 3: Decide where you would like to start the conversation and click on the appropriate board (e.g. Community Help for a question, Hosts for a hosting-related discussion etc.)

All Discussion Rooms.png

Step 4: Once inside the discussion board, click on 'Start a conversation' again:

Start a conversation Comm help.png

Step 5: You will now see a text box where you can type a title for your conversation and write the content. Then click 'Post' and you are done!

Start a conversation text box.png

Step 6: If you wish to reply to a comment on any thread rather than start your own, simply click on 'Reply' below the comment and follow the same process as Step 5.

Happy Posting!!

Kirstie

6 Replies 6
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Sounds easy enough.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Kirstie

Can you create a stickie for these so they are at the top of each forum?

Thanks

Helen

Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

@Kirstie

Thanks for this refresher.

I have noticed that not everyone knows about mentioning or responding to an individual and how to use the @mention thingy.

Also that individual messages sent to another host through the Community don't show up on your main profile page - only when logged into Community and looking at your Community Profile page and even then a message can be missed.....

If these two points could be added in somewhere on the tutorials - and also could I put in a request that our messages on our main hosting profile reflect the fact that another host has messaged us and it be seen in the main inbox? I know of several hosts who don't know that they have to look at their Community profile to see any messages from other hosts.

Thanks very much,

Rachael

PS And I really do think the new Review Flow is good and look forward to more reports on it, and how it is working throughout the ABB community.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rachael26,

Thanks for your feedback, that's good to know! We will be doing a tutorial on the '@mention' function as well as how to use your Community Profile and Inbox - you should see them in the next few weeks!

In terms of the Review Flow - it's great to hear your thoughts! In case you haven't already, you might want to join this thread and share your thoughts there!

Kirstie

@Kirstie

Thanks - and I look forward to the future tutorials - always a good idea.

And thanks for mentioning the Review Flow thread - and yes (as Lizzie knows) I have 'already been there, sent the postcard and bought the T-shirt' !  (I think that makes sense?? but sometimes these expressions should stay in my head instead of being written out in a message! 😄  )

Thanks for your work!

Keila0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We should translate it to portuguese to post in our community 😄