Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to use tags [Tutorial]

CC Tutorials.png

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

Today I wanted to share a tutorial about tags! You may have seen them in some of the threads created by users in the CC and perhaps you already know how to add them to your thread, but if not, then this tutorial will help you!

How to add tags to your post

When you 'Start a conversation' in the CC (as opposed to writing a reply), you will notice that there's a blank box that says 'Add tags' below the text box and above the 'Post' button. This is where you can add tags to your post!

Add words that are relevant to your post, such as the ones shown in the screenshot below. This will make it easier for other users to find your post when looking for related topics.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 15.30.04.png

Once you've published your post, you will be able to see the tags underneath your message, as below:

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 15.32.18.png

If you click on one of the tags, it will show you a list of the most recent posts where that tag has been used, see below: 

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 16.12.20.png

You may also have noticed that when you're viewing a thread, you can see a box on the right-hand side of the screen which says 'Related Tags'. These are tags that are in some way related to the thread. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 15.36.28.png

Tags are a great way of labelling your posts and finding related conversations so I hope you find this tutorial helpful! 

Happy tagging!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

1 Reply 1
Virginia9
Level 7
Montego Bay, Jamaica

thank you for this. Is there a way to add a tag to my comment, written in response to a post? The poster brought up 3 issues including Routine Security Checks. While I responded to all points, I would like to add a "Routine Security Checks" tag because I think it could really help others in the future. Thanks in advance.