Pay Less Upfront Payment Solutions

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Pay Less Upfront Payment Solutions

I have seen a few people trying to find out how to change their payment method, pay early or try to find out when and how much will be taken on the second payment.  Here is all the information you need to know for the Pay Less Upfront Feature. 

Unfortunately with the Pay Less Up Front option, the system is automated and there is no way to pay earlier or change the payment method.

In the Pay Less Up Front terms, it states, "You agree that by selecting the Pay Less Upfront Feature, you may not be able to pay for the booking with a different Payment Method or pursuant to a different payment schedule." This can be found here: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1696/pay-less-upfront-terms

With that said, there are times when payment methods are cancelled/changed (e.g. compromised accounts, change of bank, etc.) or there may be insufficient funds in the account. If this is the case, Airbnb will try to make the charge on the scheduled date and if it is declined, you will be notified through email and through your Airbnb account that you need to update your payment method. Once you update the payment method, it will be processed immediately. Please note that even if you updated your payment method prior to the scheduled payment date, you will still receive the notification and will need to follow the steps provided as the system is automated and only tries to process the original payment method and not one you added to your account.

In order to see the remaining balance and payment date for the Pay Less Upfront option, please follow these steps:

- go to https://www.airbnb.com/trips
- click on "view itinerary" of the trip
- hover down and click "detailed receipt"

See screenshot to locate:
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 13.50.55.png

You´ll see your receipt and in the "Payment Section" you´ll find the remaining balance and scheduled date to pay.

See a screenshot here:
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 13.51.23.png

The remaining balance will be charged on the same payment method you used for the first payment.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

9 Replies 9
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/322

Can you please add this to the Help Guide section. 

Thanks

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Huy16
Level 1
Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam

Tori29
Level 1
Maumee, OH

i just wanted to say thank you so much for this insight and provding picutre examples

Angela1180
Level 1
Surrey, Canada

I wish there was an option to pay the remainder of the balance on any given day, because I accidently paid just for half because it was the first automatically selected option and I was being hasty, when I meant to pay for the full amount. Guess its my fault, but I still wish I could pay for the full amount now in case my card doesn't work later and causes problems.

Abdulrahman11
Level 1
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Hello, 

Thank you for this helpful tips you provide, I choose " Pay Less Upfront" after the first payment is succeed, I discoverd that my name was printed wrong on credit card and different spelling to passport (that may cause problem in other reservations elsewhere) , so I request my bank to re-issue it with correct name, they did but with different number and CVV as well. Now my second payment due in 27 Feb. and I cant change the payment method and affraid of rejected payment. I already contact help team, no respose yet. 

Jesse155
Level 1
San Juan Bautista, CA

I also experienced this issue. I want to pay the full amount, but I am not being allowed to. Have not gotten any explanation on WHY it is set up like this. Probably becuase there is no logical reason. I hope they change this soon.

Kristin93
Level 2
Tennessee, United States

Same thing is happening to me. So frustrating, especially when trying to apply credit to a booking, as they won't let you apply credit for the 50% balance later on. I've found no way to opt into paying 100% upfront, which is what I want. 

Anisah0
Level 1
Cypress, TX

Why was I charged more when I requested the 50% up front? I was charged 750 up front when it should have been 600 up front and 600 later.  Why is this?

Adrianna14
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Is there a way to change a scheduled date for the second payment? Thanks!