Request Money Using The Resolution Center - A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Request Money Using The Resolution Center - A Community Help Guide

I see many people asking how to refund guests, charge them for extra services, or claim against damages.  Below is a guide on how to use the Resolution Centerto request money from your guests.

First, to get to the "Resolution Center", go to https://airbnb.com/resolutions

You will be taken to the "Resolution Center" page where it shows any resolutions you had in the past.  To make a resolution request, choose either "Send money" or "Request money".

Resolution Centre.png

Choose the guest in which you wish to request money from and then choose "Next".  

2.png

If you have more than one reservation from the same guest, you will need to choose the reservation for which you are making the request for and then choose "Next".

3.png

Depending on whether the guest is a current guest, a past guest, or a future guest, the options change so choose the best option.

These are the options you can request money for.

- Damaged or missing items

- Extra Services

- Other trip related issues

The following sceenshots are for when you REQUEST MONEY from a guest.  You will need to go through the steps I shared above first and it is the same so I did not want to repeat this on each request demonstration.

Request money for damaged or missing items

5.png

6.png

You will then have the option to upload images.  You can also choose to skip this page.

7.png

On the next screen, you can add another item if you have more and you will be taken through the same steps.

8.png

You will then be taken to a screen to include a message to the guest.

9.png

On this last screen, you can preview your request and if you are happy with it, choose request and your request will be sent to the guest for approval or they could decline the request.

10.png

Request money for extra services

11.png

12.png

You will then have the option to upload images.  You can also choose to skip this page. 

7.png

13.png

On this last screen, you can preview your request and if you are happy with it, choose request and your request will be sent to the guest for approval or they could decline the request. 

14.png

Request money for other trip related issues

15.png

16.png

7.png

17.png

18.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

25 Replies 25
Jeff1672
Level 1
Huntsville, UT

Hi, If I am mailing something to a guest that they left at my home, and I use the "requesting money" for "Extra Services", is Airbnb going to add a fee on top of mine? For example, if the postage costs $15, and I put "$15", what will the guest see? $15? or $25?

Hi there! Did you ever find out the answer to this? I have been looking for the exact same information! Thank you..

@Heather1166If you're wondering about a fee for using resolution center, there is no fee. What you request from the guest via resolution center is what the guests sees, and what you get back from them, if the guest accepts the request. 

@Colleen253 thank you! So does the guest from whom I’m requesting money see the exact amount that I asked for? Or does Airbnb add a service fee or any tax etc, on top of my amount, driving up the guests cost?

@Heather1166  The guest sees exactly the amount you request, only.

Nick2051
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Can anyone tell me how to cash out money that is in the Resolution Center? The host refunded me money through this but I can't figure out how to cash out. Airbnb customer service is terrible.

Cheryl166
Level 2
Fish Camp, CA

How to request additional refundable damage deposit for allowing an additional pet. This request is being sent the day of check-in and appears there are no options for requesting pre-arrival.

Gracianna-Winery0
Level 2
Healdsburg, CA

Quick Q - I often use the resolution center to get money for extra services i  advance of the stay. I CAN NEVER FIND WHERE THE REQUEST WAS SENT (when it is still unpaid)?

After it is paid it shows up n the "Transactions" area but not before - where can I find resolution requests that are unpaid?

Merryn4
Level 2
Buddina, Australia

I am disgusted to think now this is the 2nd time this year I have contacted the guest and asked for money, then contacted Air bnb with photos and receipts or invoices for cleans/repairs and both times I have been told  I did not get my information in on time which is not true.  Air bnb please review how you are operating.  I just paid $1500 of my own money because you would not pay the claim, now this is another case with evidence and invoice in on time and I just received an email yesterday to say another lot of damages/cleans will not be paid for.  So another $1300 this time the owner has deducted from my commission as I manager 32 properties on this site.  Urgently contact me.

2nd time only? I am on my 5th. Airbnb has the nerve to put settled. I cant wait till Airbnb gets hit with a class action lawsuit this is ridiculous.

Daryl84
Level 1
Logan, WV

This may not be the best thread to ask this question but...

Trying to refund the pet fee paid through the Resolution Center (before it was added to the reservation charges) because the guest cancelled their reservation but because there is no reservation the RC won't let me send money. Is there a work-around?