Sending Money Using the Resolution Center: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Sending Money Using the Resolution Center: A Community Help Guide

Below is a guide on how to use the Resolution Center to send money to your guests.

First, to get to the "Resolution Center", go to https://airbnb.com/resolutions

You will be taken to the "Resolution Center" page where it shows any resolutions you had in the past.  To make a resolution request, choose either "Send money" or "Request money".

Resolution Centre.png

Choose the guest in which you wish to send money to and then choose "Next".  

1.png

If you have more than one reservation from the same guest, you will need to choose the reservation for which you are sending the money for and then choose "Next".

2.png

Depending on whether the guest is a current guest, a past guest, or a future guest, the options change so choose the best option.

These are the options you can choose to send money for.

- Unclean or inaccurate listing

- Other trip related issues

The following sceenshots are for when you Send money to a guest.  You will need to go through the steps I shared above first and it is the same so I did not want to repeat this on each request demonstration. 

Send money for unclean or inaccurate listing

Choose "Unclean or inaccurate listing" from the choices and select "Next".

3.png

Enter the amount you are sending to the guest and in the notes box, write a message to the guest.  As you can see in the right box, I can only send up to the amount of the reservation which in this case was $180.  Then choose "Next".

4.png

This is the last step where you can review the details and if you are happy, choose "Send" and the guest can either accept or decline the sent money.

5.png

Send money for other trip related issues

Choose "Other trip related issues" from the choices and select "Next".

6.png

Enter the amount you are sending to the guest and in the notes box, write a message to the guest.  As you can see in the right box, I can only send up to the amount of the reservation which in this case was $180.  Then choose "Next".

7.png

This is the last step where you can review the details and if you are happy, choose "Send" and the guest can either accept or decline the sent money.

8.png

8.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

2 Replies 2
Judith247
Level 1
Philippines

hi! so i have a current guset and she requested for a refund so i sent her the money following these steps just before the money pays out. a day after, she took it back and asked if she could stay. i said yes so i requested the money i sent her but she claims that she haven't received anything yet meaning she wont be sending anything back. i checked my payout and it is only amounting to the fees i deducted from the original payout. where could the guest find the money i sent her? thanks

I have two questions:

1. How can I see in my list of resolutions if the guest has accepted what I sent them? I do not see any confirmation information in the Details section.

2. Does the guest have to click something like "Accept" in order to receive the funds I sent? What if the guest does not do that?

Thank you.