Setting Price on Your Calendar for Single or a Set of Days: A Community Help Guide [UPDATE]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Setting Price on Your Calendar for Single or a Set of Days: A Community Help Guide [UPDATE]

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Setting-Price-on-Your-Calendar-for-Single-or-a-Set-of-Days...

Below are the steps to change the price for specific days or a group of consecutive days on your calendar.

Step 1: Select the "Host" tab on the top right hand corner and then choose "Calendar".

1.png

Step 2: On your calendar, select one date by clicking on the date or select consecutive dates by clicking on the first date by dragging (while still clicking) the tab on the side of the selected date to the last date you wish to change the price on.  

pricing 3.png

pricing4.png

Step 3: When you select the date/dates you want to set specific pricing for, a box will appear on the right hand side which allows you to input the price for the dates you selected.  Input your desired price and select "Save Changes".  

pricing 5.png

As you can see below, the prices have now been changed to $105 for the dates I selected.

pricing 6.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

6 Replies 6
Alice391
Level 2
Orpington, United Kingdom

It doesn't work. Nothing pops up. NO box "appears on the right-hand side". 

Doesn't happen.

And yes, I have "smart" pricing turned off.

AM

Debbie306
Level 1
Steyning, United Kingdom

Can I set weekend / holiday prices BEFORE I publish my listing? I have spent at least 2 hours trying to see how to do this. 

Id like to get my rates sorted before I publish. Please help. Thank you!

Debbie

Evan453
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Is there any way to select multiple, non-sequential dates at once? For example, each month our rates are different, and within each month, the weekend rates are different than the weekday rates. Is there a way to select, say, all the weekends in just one month and set them to the same price? It is so cumbersome doing it now without being able to select non-sequential dates...

I totally agree with you @Evan453 . I've been looking for a conversation on this and maybe I'm missing them but so far only see that you and I are requesting this. However, we know from Customer Service stats, that when one person mentions something, that there are many others that would also like it but are not asking or realizing how much life could be easier.

Nor can I find a Suggestion Box for new features. Only resolutions.

"I hereby Suggest a Suggestion box" for improvements, new features, modifications, wish list.

If it exists and I have missed it, please let me know.

Other than default, weekend, etc, it's a nuisance to be so restricted on updating prices to just consective dates because of the software used.

1. It should allow picking different dates on the screen
  2. It would allow scrolling without losing the dates already highlighted, or better yet, make the huge date boxes smaller so you could just see the date. Does not need to be so huge (OK, I'm using a PC, so understand they have to configure for a phone)
  3. Ideally it would color all days at "Price A" blue, then Price B would be green, etc. This gives a visual to how your pricing is rather than look at the numbers and miss one and either it's too high and no booking, or too low and only after booked do you realize you didn't carefully look at every single number. Come on, use colors. Airlines allow it when researching dates. Google Flights do it color coding best and worst prices on the customer side (another suggestion, though this post is specific to the Hosting side).calendar 1 month.jpgcalendar 2 year.jpg
  4. Even better is to allow setting up prices on a table and assigning a color yourself. We do this all the time with email flag colors, MS excel tab colors, folders etc
  5. For a large window of dates, allow a From/To range. You may want to do 6 or 12 months, or your busy season or slow season, but not forever. 
  6. It should have lots of options to clarify your intentions, like which days of the week, not just Fri/Sat weekends. In certain countries, their weekend days differ and their weekend nights would be Thu and Fri nights.

That's enough for now.

Jump in if you have other input, suggestions and we can make this happen. Thanks !

Jocelyn369
Level 2
Fredericton, Canada

Love this feature 

perfect but how can i try this in my site?