TEMPLATES - Saved messages

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

TEMPLATES - Saved messages

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 09.26.29.png

Hello host family!

Prompt communication with guests is super important and I've been asked by our lovely Online Community Manager @Stephanie to share some of my saved message templates. Saved messages are a huge time saver and prevents me having to write out the same thing over and over again.

To save a new message, go into one of your guest message streams, click on 'Use a saved message' (on a laptop) or the document icon on the bottom left (on a mobile device), then click on 'Create a new saved response'.

Below is a list of all my saved messages (sometimes tweaked according to the situation - just select the saved message, then edit it in your message stream). Some are specific to my listing, so I won't post the full details , but these will just give you an idea. Please feel free to use any of these as templates or share your own ideas.

Instant booking

Hi XX and thank you so much for booking - I look forward to welcoming you into my home! You are welcome to check in anytime from 3pm to 7pm, but please do let me know what time you expect to arrive so I can plan my day and make sure I am home to greet you. To ensure you are fully satisfied with your stay, please spend a moment reading the listing details and house rules carefully - if you feel they might not be a good fit for you, I do have a flexible cancellation policy. Otherwise, I'll be in touch closer to the date with arrival details. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Best wishes, Kath

Booking request (accept)

As above, but starting with 'I'm happy to accept your request and I look forward to welcoming you into my home!'

Booking enquiry (Preapprove)

As above, but with 'To ensure you are fully satisfied with your stay, please spend a moment reading the listing details and house rules carefully - if you feel they might not be a good fit for you, there is no obligation to proceed with the booking'.

Booking assumption (for when people send a request to book, but their initial message is written as if it is a confirmed booking e.g. 'we'll be there at 5pm'):

Hi xx and thanks for your request. Please be aware that this is only a request at this stage and not a confirmed booking. As this is my home, If you could give me a few details about yourself, the purpose of your visit and who is travelling with you, that would be appreciated. Also, to ensure you're fully satisfied with your stay, please confirm that you have read the listing and house rules carefully to ensure they are a good fit for your needs. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Best wishes, Kath

Booking request (withdraw) (edited according to situation)

Dear XX, thanks so much for your interest in my listing. Unfortunately I cannot make exceptions to my strict no-children rule because my dog does not tolerate small children and I don't trust her around them. Because hosts are penalised for declining requests, I respectfully ask that you withdraw your request. If not, I will approve your request, but under the condition that only adults will be checking in. If this is not suitable for you , you will have 48 hours to cancel your booking without charge. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck finding a more suitable property. Kind regards, Kath

Arrival details (sent 2 days before guest arrives):

Hi XX, I'm just touching base with a few details for your arrival. Check in time is 3pm-7pm. If you haven't done so already, please let me know what time you expect to arrive so I can plan my day and make sure I am home to meet you. [followed by specific arrival details, including accessing the driveway, where to park, how to access front door, etc.]

Check in if not home

How to access house and find room etc. if I cannot be there to greet them.

Happy hosting everyone!

17 Replies 17
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Just further to this, I have noticed some issues recently with people 'not getting' my messages, which I believe is because they do not have the Airbnb app downloaded. The messages are probably ending up in their spam email folder. So, I have now added the following to my Instant Book, Booking Request and Booking Enquiry messages:

If you haven't done so already, I recommend downloading the Airbnb app to your mobile device and switching on notifications to ensure smooth communication.

Debra420
Level 2
Coquitlam, CA

Thank you for these great templates.  I am new to hosting with Airbnb and look forward to welcoming  our first guests. 

Shauna91
Level 1
Yorba Linda, CA

I want to send the same message to all my existing reservations, how do I do that?