Unlist Your Listing: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Unlist Your Listing: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Unlist-Your-Listing-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/9566/highli...

This help guide provides you with the steps for unlisting your listing. 

"Unlisting" your listing lets you unlist for an unspecified period of time and your listing will not show up in searches until you "Re-list" it.  It is temporary and can be relisted very easily.

Steps for "Unlisting" Your Listing

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account, click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings" and then choose the listing you wish to set to "Unlist".

1.png

Step 2: Choose "Listing details" from the top menu and the from the "Listing status" section, choose "Edit" on the right.

1.png

Step 3: In the drop-down menu where it says, "Listed", change this to "Unlisted" and a new popup box will appear.2.png

Step 4: Choose the reason why you are "unlisting" your listing from the choices provided.  Once you choose one and select next, the system will usually try to provide alternatives or request feedback.  Complete that and choose "Unlist".

1.png 

What happens while your listing is "Unlisted"?:

From Airbnb: "While unlisted, your listing won't show up in search results and you won't receive any booking requests. You’re still responsible for your confirmed reservations while your listing is unlisted."

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

5 Replies 5
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

0 Responses!  Here's one. THANKYOU 😊

@Dave-and-Deb0  Thank you. Your other post how to contact Airbnb has been invaluable I often link it in forum posts.

Tariq2
Level 2
Quepos, Costa Rica

It's now changed. The Manage tab has dissapeared.

Judith224
Level 1
Portland, OR

Due to changes in local short term rental laws I’ll be removing our Airbnb from service. I have 2 reservations left that I’ll be hosting. I’ve notified both guests through  Airbnb messaging that I’m unlisting the Airbnb and their reservations are secure. 

I haven’t heard back from the guests re my latest message. 
When I unlisted the Airbnb did that cut off messaging with Confirmed guests?

Thank you 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

No @Judith224  you're ok. And thanks for reassuring the Guests already booked. I hadn't thought of that but then again they prob would not have checked. I'm looking to unlist for a while too. Just trying to find out how!!