Weekend Pricing: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Weekend Pricing: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Weekend-Pricing-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/53377#M2480

Many hosts charge more for weekend pricing than during the week.  Instead of having to go through each weekend on your calendar and changing the price, you can set a weekend rate which will be applied as dates open up on your calendar and will replace your base price with your weekend price on Fridays and Saturdays.  

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you use Smart Pricing, this feature overrides your weekend pricing so once you apply Smart Pricing, you would need to manually change your weekends on your calendar for each and every weekend.

Step 1: Click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings" and then choose the listing you wish to add the weekly or monthly rates to.

1.png

Step 2: On the top menu, choose "Pricing" and then scroll down to the "Charges" sectionand on the right hand side, choose "Edit".

1.png

Step 3: In the Extra Charges section, scroll down to "Weekend Pricing" and enter the price in the box you would like to set.  Then choose save and ensure you save on the next screen as well.

2.png

The weekend pricing should now show up on all your weekends in your listing calendar.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

9 Replies 9
Rj20
Level 2
Portland, OR

How can I request a common-sense upgrade to the protocol here? The smart-pricing should still honor weekend-pricing. Smart-pricing should just update the base-price with weekend-price for the weekends and then run it's smart-price algorithm on top of that. Anything besides that is just an absolute fiasco.

Currently you can only have a weekend price if you turned the Smart-pricing off 😞

My Units
www.airbnb.com/rooms/41070840
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28534323
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28445731
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28476715
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28471086

AIRBNB PHILIPPINES
Andreas-and-Anna0
Level 10
West Vancouver, Canada

@Rj7Agreed. Up until a week ago, I falsely believed weekend pricing could work along side Smart-Pricing. I was wondering why people were gettting good weekend rates....finally looked into it last week when guest got a great deal. I suppose I should have read more carefully but needless to say that I've turned off smart-pricing. Anna

Urban0
Level 2
Zagorje ob Savi, Slovenia

I would like to have an option to increase or dicrease the weekend price with percentages. The percentage we could simply base on the base price or even better on the median price of each week... That would really take a lot of trouble from us. And also all the settings would actually give something to the host as well. Most of the changes airbnb has done recently has only benefited the guest. Sure, things are easier to setup for us as well, but the end beneficiary is always the guest by getting either an early bird or last minute discount or the multiple discount options in the calendar settings...

What about the host? We could at least break even (in the context of all the other discounts) by setting a higher weekend price. All we've done so far is lower the prices with the multitude of options offered to us...

Sara-and-Ian0
Level 4
Kinsale, Ireland

Hi... if I set weekend pricing on my listing will this ensure the fridays and saturday nights can only be booked together... ie not split?

I've tried everything I can think of to keep the 2 nights booked as one booking, but having no checkin/out on the saturday makes my calendar look as if saturdays are unavailable.

I've tried 2 nights min on fridays & saturdays but that doesn't prevent a guest booking say thursday & friday.

Any ideas/help/experience gratefully received!  I'm hoping this weekend booking rate may solve it??

@Sara-and-Ian0  You have to set a rule for your listing for it to get booked together like making those dates get booked only for a minimum of 2 nights

My Units
www.airbnb.com/rooms/41070840
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28534323
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28445731
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28476715
www.airbnb.com/rooms/28471086

AIRBNB PHILIPPINES

HI there,

thanks for taking the time to reply... we've got these minimums in place, but a minimum 2 night stay on a friday & saturday doesn't stop a guest booking thursday & friday, or saturday & sunday, therefore splitting the weekend.

I've tried adding no checkin/out on saturday but just got a lot of confused guests saying they'd like this weekend but it's showing as greyed out on the calendar, and to them it looks unavailable!

Any other ideas?? x

Wafloy0
Level 1
Gatlinburg, TN

For clarification, if Smart Pricing is set to "ON" then the Weekend Pricing is inactive, is that correct?

Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

https://tellthebell.site/