What is the Community Center and how can I get started?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What is the Community Center and how can I get started?

**Last updated on Jan 11th 2019, to view the new Getting Started topic, click here**

Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and at its heart is its community. The Community Center is here to enable you to come together to inspire, share knowledge and stories, and to support one another.

To help you get started, here are a few handy tips:

How to encourage community spirit

One of the best things about a community is that it brings people together. To make sure the Community Center remains a healthy and inviting space, please:

• Respect each other and show appreciation when someone shares useful content
  • Remember to post full answers and stay on topic when replying to a person’s request for advice or help
  • Keep an open mind and see the good in each other

For more details, take a look at our Community Center Guidelines.

What do community members talk about here?

There’s a huge variety of conversations, so to make it easier to find and explore, we have several different Discussion Rooms. If you’re looking for a specific topic, try starting with a search.

If you need to speak to Customer Service, please contact them directly on +1-415-800-5959 / +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free).

How can I contribute?

We can all contribute to the life of our community, whether you are new to hosting or have years of experience. Here are the main ways to get involved:

• Support a post: give appreciation to a comment, by clicking the thumbs up button
  • Reply to a topic: click ‘Reply’ or ‘Join the Conversation’ to join the conversation on a topic
  • Create a new topic: if you have a question or wish to start a new discussion, visit the relevant discussion room and click ‘Start a Conversation’
  • Share your knowledge: fancy writing a Community Guide or sharing a story? These are great resources for others, so please feel free to get creative and share yours

Where to start?

Why not introduce yourself to the Community here; we’d love to hear from you.

If you have any questions or just want to say hello, feel free to message either of your Community Managers, @Lizzie or @Quincy.

We look forward to welcoming you to the community.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

45 Replies 45
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know, we know have new Getting Started topic here in the CC. I'm going to close this discussion here now. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.