What is the Community Center and how can I get started?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What is the Community Center and how can I get started?

**Last updated on Jan 11th 2019, to view the new Getting Started topic, click here**

Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and at its heart is its community. The Community Center is here to enable you to come together to inspire, share knowledge and stories, and to support one another.

To help you get started, here are a few handy tips:

How to encourage community spirit

One of the best things about a community is that it brings people together. To make sure the Community Center remains a healthy and inviting space, please:

• Respect each other and show appreciation when someone shares useful content
  • Remember to post full answers and stay on topic when replying to a person’s request for advice or help
  • Keep an open mind and see the good in each other

For more details, take a look at our Community Center Guidelines.

What do community members talk about here?

There’s a huge variety of conversations, so to make it easier to find and explore, we have several different Discussion Rooms. If you’re looking for a specific topic, try starting with a search.

If you need to speak to Customer Service, please contact them directly on +1-415-800-5959 / +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free).

How can I contribute?

We can all contribute to the life of our community, whether you are new to hosting or have years of experience. Here are the main ways to get involved:

• Support a post: give appreciation to a comment, by clicking the thumbs up button
  • Reply to a topic: click ‘Reply’ or ‘Join the Conversation’ to join the conversation on a topic
  • Create a new topic: if you have a question or wish to start a new discussion, visit the relevant discussion room and click ‘Start a Conversation’
  • Share your knowledge: fancy writing a Community Guide or sharing a story? These are great resources for others, so please feel free to get creative and share yours

Where to start?

Why not introduce yourself to the Community here; we’d love to hear from you.

If you have any questions or just want to say hello, feel free to message either of your Community Managers, @Lizzie or @Quincy.

We look forward to welcoming you to the community.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

45 Replies 45

Greetings, I'm BRAND NEW to AirBnB and I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH HOW EASY IT WAS TO LIST MY STUDIO...and loved the SMS reminder to got next day to reply to an enquiry...what a good friend AirBnB is so far!!! I've never listed before and have heard that other locals list on 4 different sites so ensure good booking numbers. IN AUSTRALIA, WHAT SITES to people find helpful and HOW CAN I MANAGE THE CALENDARS across 4 platforms? thanks, Ali

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ali79

Welcome aboard Ali...and I have to say Coober Pedy, what a great place to list! Visitors will not experience anything like that anywhere else in the world. The Desert Cave is spectacular...there is no such thing as a bad time of year up there...good on you!

Yes you will find Airbnb easy to deal with and, speaking from experience, I can tell you that Airbnb are the best of the hosting sites to deal with. I have listed with Homeaway and with Trip Advisor, both of which I have now removed and I list exclusively with Airbnb and with the International Education Service. 

There is no such thing as a seemless interaction between hosting sites! Obviously each one wants to protect their own patch and although you hear of those who do appear to get two sites to mesh together, to my way of thinking there will always be issues. At least that is what I found. 

There are the odd glitches that happen here just as they do on other sites and when a glitch happens on another site it is not taken into account on your Airbnb listing and vice versa. Typical of the sort of issues that can come up, you can attain Superhost status on Airbnb, and loose it because of a crossover communication problem with another site where two seperate guests are booked in the same timeframe. 

A year ago I would not have said this but I now recommend you 'do' put all your eggs in the one basket! This site is the best I have had dealings with, and provided you read the rules of hosting and totally understand the consequesnces of what you are doing you will find your career with Airbnb extremely rewarding, just as I have! Good luck....

Cheers.....Rob 

PS: Just a small point, don't make too much use of 'caps', it makes you look angry, demanding....and I know you would not want to portray that image.

Indo0
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Hello

how to set up different bank accounts for each properties? I am new on this site. Cheers

Thanks

Velda0
Level 1
Katy, TX

HI THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING AIRBNB AND AM SO LOST....I GOT INTERESTING BECAUSE MY HUBBY OF 24 YRS JUST GOT UP AND TAKE EVERYTHING AND MOVE OUT WITHOUT ME KNOWING.... SO I JOIN AIRBNB TO HELP ME OUT.... I FINALLY GO A TENANT WHO IS RENTING A ROOM... I HAVE ONE MORE ROOM TO RENT... THANKS AIRBNB

Ketut7
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

hallo

I hope anybody can explain what will happen.

This is the Chronology :

How long do I have to wait for my payment? Because my rental transaction history has passed, and my money has gone into my paypal account which can not be used anymore and can not be opened or no longer work, and I have added a new international payment bank transfer and my new paypal account also with ready status , My question is what should i do? Because the paid transaction history status of My Guest named Mr Bruno being paid by Airbnb to my outdated paypal account has exceeded the limit set by airbnb, so up until now I have been puzzled how to get my money so Airbnb pays my money With my bank transfer payment method or my new paypal account because I've added a new international and paypal bank transfer payment method both of which are ready.

Garden-Bay-Luxury0
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

Dear Lizze, 

Thank you so much for your email. 

This is Lisa **** - Online Sale Executive from Garden Bay Luxury Cruise. We are a newcomer and have just utilized Airbnb for the first time. I have some problems with our guest payment and our pricing. 

Kindly contact directly to me on phone [personal information hidden]. Or please forward this email to whom concerned. 

Your prompt response is extremely necessary to us. I am looking forward to hearing from you as soonest!

Best Regards, 

Lisa **** Ms

Alison238
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Lizzie, it is so lovely to meet you and all the community members here! Cape Town's first HSC has just been set up. Shad and myself are the two leaders. I am dying to get started with posts since it is high season here and almost Christmas so we have a lot to share! I am however so frustrated and cannot get going for two reasons. Number 1, somehow they have confused my profile photo with another Alison! So on our page they have placed the wrong profile as leader. Number 2, I am a superhost with 65 reviews. My profile says that I became an Airbnb member in December 2017. To have that many reviews in 18 days is not possible. I became an Airbnb member in November 2015 and am very proud of my experience, which would be zero if had only started this month, in which case I would not be in no position to lead the group. I have been in contact with Airbnb customer support and with our local office. I have written to our administrator, Emery twice with no response. I have written to Quincy but the messages won't send. Please could you perhaps assist? I would be so grateful! Thank you most kindly, Alison von During

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alison238

Lovely to meet you too. It is fantastic to hear you have started Cape Town's first HSC. 

I want to help with this, if I can. In terms of your profile photo, this is brought across from the photo showing on your Airbnb profile. Is the one showing on your post here, not the account/image you are expecting? 

Also, in terms of the date showing for when you joined Airbnb. Can you provide a little more information for where you are seeing this. It sounds like this is the month you joined the Community Center instead perhaps, because when I view your Airbnb profile it shows Nov '15. 🙂 

I look forward to speaking with you more.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Elizabeth610
Level 6
Greensboro, NC

Thanks for connecting with me. I have learned a lot since I started hosting in late January 2018 and am I pleased to say I recently earned the Superhost Badge!! I will be coming here often.  All the tips are extremely worthwhile and the answers to questions are not obvious. I consulted the community center on securing my wifi and followed exactly what was said.. I also followed many threads on bedsheets. I am still on the fence about ironing sheets!! lol! Bed linens are extremely important to me right now  and still a dilmena.. I have tried all cotton and all microfiber.... and it is hard to know what count and brand will hold up and wrinkle less without spending time and money to have ironed. Ah, the art of Housekeeping from a Westin point of view I guess. .....

But today, I was looking into information about starting a Meetup in my area  in North Carolina called the Triad , which includes Greensboro, Winston Salem and High Point. There are many Airbnb Hosts so I was thinking it would be great to get to know each other. I am also available to Co-Host but have not found out how to sign up for that yet. I hope to learn more and hear from others. 

Hello guys, thanks for inviting me her. My name is Richard and i am currently looking for somebody to co-host my condo in Punta Cana,  if you might have any tips where could I find some local trustful people to work, I'd certainly aprreciate it. Thanks. Nice day to all!

Jane440
Level 2
Volcano, HI

this is great. It reminds me that we are more alike. Mahalo and blessings to this world community.

Jane

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is wonderful to hear, thanks @Jane440. 🙂

--------------------

Ketut7
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Hi  @Lizzie

I hope you could help me about my new experience,

I have question,maybe do you know what the reason why my new experience is sold out in the bottom right side,I tried adding the date but it’s unschedule/sold out in the bottom right side of my new experience page,

please help and tell me why do you thing it’s could not to be schedule?

Anil19
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Hey anyone having experience for Reviews. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ketut7 and @Anil19

Great to meet you both. 

It is great to see you have lots of questions. Perhaps you might like to post your question as a new topic in the Community Center's Help board. Here is the link to create a new topic there. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------