Wrong Price Showing Often Equals a Currency Display Issue: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Wrong Price Showing Often Equals a Currency Display Issue: A Community Help Guide

Here is another How To guide which I have created as several times a day on the Community Center, someone is concerned that the wrong price is showing up either on their listing or in an inquiry.  

If you see that there is no currency code beside the price, this means it is in USD currency (see first image below).  If it has another currency, that currency's abbreviation will be beside the dollar amount (AUD, CAD, etc. - see second image below).  You will need to change the currency to your preferred currency to see the price.  

***Please understand that whatever you set your price to be in your calendar or your base price will be in the currency that you selected in "Settings" ---> "Country of Residence" and changing the currency at the bottom of the page WILL NOT change the price on your calendar/listing.*** 

Instructions are found below these two images for changing the display currency.  You do not need to change the prices in your listing.

USD.png

AUD.png

To change the VIEW of the currrency, scroll down to the bottom of the page and change from the current currency to the currency you wish and the price will then change to that currency.

currency.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

8 Replies 8
Paul47
Level 1
East Knoyle, United Kingdom

hi

My settings are set to UK and the price is correctly showing on the callendar, however my listing is showing the room price for my place in Danish currency. 

Do you know how to ensure that the currency on the results pages come out in my settings currency (UK Pounds)

Paul

@Paul47,

Deb and Dave's Community Guides are great. Definitely check them out as they are very user friendly.

For more information from Airbnb you can enter key words in the search bar when you click on the help button. Don't feel restricted to the topic menus which pop up.

For example, enter the word "currency" and a whole bunch of articles and FAQ's will pop up. Random reading will often answer the question and deliver a whole lot of other stuff which MIGHT be useful one day.

[Sometimes we need to pack a picnic, once we start to forage through, lol]

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/95/can-i-pay-with-any-currency

Hope this too is helpful.

Regards, Christine.

My apartment is priced differently for different nights on the calendar, so how do I know which price to feature in my listing?

"My apartment is priced differently for different nights on the calendar, so how do I know which price to feature in my listing?" Kaela, I have about the same problem as you. The difference is : I'm fixing a rate and AIRB&B change my rate. Or when I'm coming to see the calender some dates are oftened too ? WHY ? I'm not really enjoy with this system.
Jools0
Level 2
Sheringham, United Kingdom

I have put in a search for my place for a single week.  My pricing is between £59 and £95 and I offer a discount for a weeks stay. the price for one week is showing as £ 4563 which is clearly ridiculour.  While I would be delighted to receive that amount it is clearly misleading and I certainly would not expect bookings at that price.  I have checked the dates and same month and year.  PLEASE HELP 

Alexa76
Level 1
Hong Kong

Please can someone help me I have a booking and the expected income is not what I set the nightly price at. It is lower and for some reason hasn't included the weekly discount. How is this possible that AirBnb just picks their own random prices. Now I have a booking and can't very well cancel it or tell them it will actually be more in fear of losing the booking. Not sure what is going on. Can someone please help? Alexa

Adriana637
Level 2
City Bell, Argentina

Hola a todos, quiero sabe por que en el anuncio se publica un valor fijo de cargo por servicio de limpieza para toda la estadía cuando en la aplicación para hacer el anuncio puse 10 pero pensando que el valor se mostraba es la tarifa diaria si el  el huesped la solicita. En todo caso donde pongo esa aclaración para no tener problemas con el huesped Agradezco a todos la atención

Victoria56
Level 1
Val-David, Canada

I am also having this problem with Airbnb.  It has happened three times now where my pricing is lower than what I have indicated.  I has Airbnb for help and they have not got to me.  I feel bad for the client that wants to book and the price is 50 less per night than it should be.  Not fair to the client waiting a response.  If I do not respond then my calendar remains blocked from other clients and my ratings slip.  Completely unfair when It clearly not my mistake.