Airbnb keeps removing my travel credit?

Courtney40
Level 1
New York, United States

Airbnb keeps removing my travel credit?

So for the second time on my Airbnb account, I've had my travel credit removed.

The first time was when I opened up my account.  I had requested to stay in a place, and the host never answered my request.  The booking was eligible for me to use my 30 GBP, but since the host never replied, I seemed to lose my initial credit.

Now, for a second time on this same account, my credit has been lost.  I have two different referral credits, and went to book an Airbnb last night.  The credit was successfully applied, and the host responded this morning, stating that she is having work done on her house, so she will not be able to host me.  I went to go book another place and noticed that once again, my travel credit was missing.

I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere, and it doesn't seem like anyone else has encountered this issue.  If I haven't fully booked an Airbnb because a host chose not to answer or declined my request, why am I consistently being penalized and losing my travel credit?  Makes no sense to me.

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Courtney40  It's crappy, but you'll have to Contact Airbnb directly to get the travel credit back on your account.

Monica323
Level 1
Connecticut, United States

Just lost my travel credit when the host declined my reservation request! How do we get a "live" person to speak with at Airbnb. As a host, I have never had any problems that couldn't be resolved via the website, but I see no place for recourse with my issue.

Just happened me too!! I also just lost my travel credit when the host declined my reservation request! Did any of ye manager to get your travel credit back? 

It happened to me as well! Don't know how to contact Airbnb...not happy! 

Same thing happened to me. I have a Php 1600 travel credit and just because I changed the email address of my Airbnb account (this I suspect), the travel credit was gone. 😞 

Emre28
Level 1
Eskişehir, Turkey

Same thing.. My 1.958 Dollar credit was gone. 1.958!!! I'm so so so upset