URGENT : Fundraising - Electrification of remote villages in Himalayas

URGENT : Fundraising - Electrification of remote villages in Himalayas

slide8.jpgDear,

I am looking for a small contribution from each one of you to achieve one project that I am working on to electrify the remote villages in Himalayas, India. And trust me, each penny counts and it will not be possible if I don't achieve the target of 1600 USD by mid - May.

Please use the link attached to proceed for your generous contribution to help us to make this project real.

https://www.generosity.com/volunteer-fundraising/electrification-of-remote-villages-in-himalayas/x/1...

This August, I am traveling with a 20 member GHE team (Global Himalayan Expedition - in partnership with GE Electric, IEEE, National Geographic, 2041 and NDTV) to electrify this remote village Hipti in Himalayas. Prior, these remote populations were unconnected from electricity and had to rely on dirty sources of fuel such as kerosene and wood for all of their household energy consumption.

We'll trek for around 6 hrs through the Tar Village at altitudes of 12,000 -13,000ft to reach Hipti, which is inaccessible by road. Once there, we'll install a solar microgrid, power distribution and household lighting throughout the village.

The fund received will be used towards internal cost of setting up the solar microgrid and towards costs of getting from Leh (a central city in Ladakh) to Hipti village.

Please help spread the word:)

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To be honest if you only need to raise $1600 between tweny of you, you would be better asking for donations between family and friends or carrying out fundraising activities and selling good/offering to wrap gifts/pack shopping bags/wash cars.

I alone need to raise 1600USD and so are other 19 members. Only then we can successfully execute the process.