cancellation

Michael62
Level 2
Croydon, United Kingdom

cancellation

SO I am travelling to Dublin on Friday and had booked an apartment on AirBnB.

3 days before the reservation the host cancelled the booking, apparently due to damage at the property. Bit annoying, but these this happen. After checking AirBnB for other suitable listings, nothing was avaiable, So I eneded up booking a hotel though another website instead. 

AirBnb sent an email to say I could book and the property and gave me £82 credit. My question is, if I request a refund instead, will I lose the £82 credit or does it stay in my account for future use? The AirBnB website is not the easiest to navigate, so I dont know where to go to check avaiable credit! 

Many Thanks in advance for your help! 

Michael

13 Replies 13
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Michael62

I don't understan what kind of more refund would you request?

if your host canceled then you will get all your money back + 85$ bonus from Airbnb to use on your next booking. 

i received a notice of cancellation of a reservation. the host cancelled? no information

I received a notice of cancellation (at <30 days prior to my intended arrival) by the host for my group of 12 people.   In addition, I received an email from an Airbnb Case Manager stating I would receive credit.  Biggest problem is I have no valid contact email or phone numbers to call to discuss this cancellation.  The Airbnb Case Manager sent links to other homes that are not suitable for my adult guests so I am left with a cancelled reservation with 12 people arriving now in 29 days.  If anyone has a resolution or way to contact an actual human at Airbnb that has an interest in service to the Customer, please help. 

GUESTS!

You all have a telephone number listed on your reservation confirmation (and on your transactions/reservations tab on your profile).

USe it to contact Airbnb about your issues.

Or try TWITTER @airbnbhelp   that also work fast.

Best Wishes

Hello @Rachael26.

I have spent several atempts today to look for the phonenumber on my confirmations. Both on my profile and my email. I can honestly say I cannot find it. I know it was present on my first confirmations. But not anymore. Please show me where? 🙂

Mariann 🙂

@Mariann4  I heard talk that Airbnb had removed it from the confirmation area.  Best way to go for quickest response is Twitter and Facebook or  here are all the phone numbers worldwide

Thank you @Ange2.

I already have it saved on my phone. 😉 I was just asking because I wondered if I was turning completely blind... 😄

Mariann 🙂

Try 855-424-7262. Tiffany was very helpful; the person I was transferred to, Brisa, not so helful...on the verge of rude. I'm not sure why airbnb has guidlines and policies, because they do not stand behind the information on their webpage.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Rachael26

I have a future booking too - not anywhere in the itinerary is there any contact info for airbnb.  It used to be many, many moons ago, but not anymore.  In the confirmation mail there is a contact link where you have to go through the whole rigmarole of questions why, and eventually you may arrive at the point where you can actually send a message, but there is no direct contact info given.

@Mari62

Cancelled is cancelled - there is nothing to discuss.  You would need to look for other accomodation.  You have made a booking contract with one specific host, not with airbnb.

Marit:  I hope you do not experience a 9 month advance booking with a group of 10 family & friends expecting their accommodation to be there- and disappears < 30 days from arrival date. Canceling by an Airbnb SHOULD involve Airbnb.  

And Airbnb has been involved @Mari62.

They have suggested different spaces for you to chose from. They have given you your money back. The place you booked is no longer available. How else can Airbnb solve it for you? Airbnb is a website, a system, to help people get in touch with other people. Airbnb don't own the rentals. The owners do. Airbnb can't forcefully open an Airbnb-place that has cancelled on you. Because they are just providers of a system. The host cancelled on you. NOT Airbnb themselves.

Of course it is no fun. But they have offered you what they have to offer.

Mariann

@Mari62

I have experienced a host cancelling on me on a very short notice.  I was lucky, I got my money back.  It did not cover alternative accomodation at short notice, so I had to fork out the double.  It was not with airbnb, but it does not really matter which listing service the owner uses.  Holiday rentals/apartment rentals/short term rentals/airbnb are mostly small businesses of private owners using a listing site like airbnb or other to promote their property. The contract is between the guest and the owner.  Sometimes owners face unforeseen circumstances, like repair work, death in the family, loose their job and have to sell the house, divorce - life happens also to property owners renting out their places.  

When renting on the private market, there is always a slight chance that host cancellations can happen and this has to be taken into consideration when choosing this type of accomodation.

Peter447
Level 2
Highland, UT

I had two Airbnb accounts by mistake and I read there is no way to combine the accounts and the only solution is to delete one of them.  I did this but the account I deleted had a reservation linked to it that I wanted to keep.  Now it has been cancelled and I am getting a partial refund and no reservation.  I don't want a refund and I do want the reservation.  How can I get this resolved?

Peter K.