Refund during switch cancellation policy

Jelle4
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Refund during switch cancellation policy

Hello,

I have a guest that booked a stay at my place during which my cancellation policy was moderate. They cancelled 2 days in advance of their arrival time, meaning they would have to pay 50%. However we agreed she will get a full refund so I changed the policy to flexible just before she cancelled the booking. Now she sent a request for refund however I am not sure that I will get a payment from her since I changed the policy before she cancelled (however at time of booking policy was moderate).

So the refund request that she sent is it sure that I will receive that money? i.e. I do not want to accept a refund to the guest of a payment I will not receive.

Thanks,

Jelle

1 Antwoord 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello,

Changing the cancellation policy afterwards does not effect the policy related to the specific booking.

Look into your account (transactions and future transactions) to check status of payment for this booking.

Cancellation message's of Airbnb should also provide information.

Refund the guest only via the Airbnb system ("sent or request money"), after proper investigation/monitoring of transactions everything should work out well for you both.

Best regards,

Emiel

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf