What if...

Sandra305
Level 5
Bruges, Belgium

What if...

What if a guest is really behaving against all the rather small amount of houserules -such as no smoking in the house , do not spend the whole day in the house since a host also needs some privacy, mind the noice between 9pm and 9 am, - 

Spanish women, started out very difficult from with the booking, I had to keep on mailing them to know at what time they would arrive.  Finally one day before arrival they mailed me that they were going to arrive at 3pm. As I always make sure to be in the house at least a half an hour before the guest arrives I was waiting from 2pm and at 4pm still no guests. It was weekend -my only day off in a whole week - and we had 35 degrees in Bruges and I was waiting for a guest that didn't show up. 

I mailed them, tried to call them... couldn't reach them,  at 15 past four I went outside to cross the street to buy some water and I saw they have put a note at my front door????  "Sandra we are at the bar at the end of the street it is too hot to be inside come and meet us there" 

I was stunned but as a good host I went to the terras to welcome them and told them I wanted them to check in now so I could also enjoy some of my private left over time.  They seemed to be very kind and in a happy mood so I felt like forgiving the fact that I spended such a beautiful day inside the house.  Guess what?  At 5pm they finally came to my house so they made me wait another 40 minutes before they checked in.  

They had so many questions on how to visit Bruges and the coastside and Ghent ... that it took me almost one full hour to check them in. 

They also complained about the walk to my house that took according to them over one hour??? Someone at the railway station told them wich direction to follow?   (wich is 8 minutes away from the trainstation) but they didn't read my instructions (I send looooaaadddssss of instructions when someone books a room, especially including "google maps wise" almost the way to walk to my house in not even 10 minutes... 

So I felt sad for them, offered them some refreshments and some snacks and got a huge hug as thank you.... All is well!! 

Nope!!! The women seemed to be the rebellion type of guests.  

Comming in after midnigt (I dont mind but pls respect the neighbours, my other guests and maybe also me a little bit??) 

Taking late night showers (mentioned in listing pls do not take shower or use hairdryer after 10pm), talking out loud on the phone with family in Argentina,  smoking in the room, walking around with high heels, comming downstairs opening the window of the front door to let in some air (why not open the bedroom window?), but especially the noise kept me up untill 4am.

As always I wish my guests a goodmoring by Airbnb mail, and I asked them kindly to mind the noise out of respectt for my other guests, my neighbours and myself.  In the same mail I gave them some more instructions on how to visit the coastside and Ghent... 

I got a thank you for the information so I was hoping they felt a bit ashamed for making so much noise the night before, but no... It"s 2.30am now and they are still smoking in the room, walking around, talking loud, I allready gave a few signs as saying in the hallway "sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" or going out on the terras and asking them to be quiet... But while I'm typing they are still walking around... 

They still have one night left, but I'm wondering and have to cool myself down not to kick them out tomorrow.  This is the second sleepless night and I don't want to stand another one.  Don't even know if I can.  

Does anyone knows if I have the right to cancel the last night? Because this situation is unbearable. 

1 Antwoord 1
Albert80
Level 1
Gennep, Netherlands

onmiddelijk uit huis; als roken niet is toegestaan.en je dat nogmaals duidelijk gemaakt hebt.

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf