What should you do when you have bad feelings about your guests

Ramin1
Level 1
Almere, Netherlands

What should you do when you have bad feelings about your guests

I had a situation today 15-09-2016. My place is 30 minutes from Amsterdam. I had couple of guests from Egypt for ten days. They were very polite but they had some suspicious behavior that, with my wife and children at home alone, I had no other option than ask them to leave. Here is the last straw; On their second day they planned a meeting, without our approval, with other Arab friend to discuss something at our place. Why not in the city at some bar? These three guys came from different places: Egypt, Geneva and Warsaw. They were no old collage friends with beers and laughs, but four hours of serious discussion in a 36 degree Celsius room with no air conditioning! I wasn't there at the time. My wife explained the situation to me by phone and I took action.

In these situations, the first thing comes in your mind is terrorist activities. I refund the amount that they paid Aribnb, minus the couple of days that they stayed. Fortunately and surprisingly they accept and leave immediately. So, maybe I was on to something! I can never be sure.

The question is, what is the proper procedure in these situations. Can I expect any support from Airbnb. I couldn't find anything on the site that could help me with it. I find only an article that you will never get the “Super host” status if you cancel a reservation. Frankly, I couldn't care less!

10 Antwoorden 10
Hissie-En-Tonnie0
Level 5
Groningen, Netherlands

I can understand your feelings about this.
If you dont care about the superhost status i think you handled this very well.

There is no reason to feel uncomftable in your own home.

Next time maybe the best idea would be to first contact airbnb and explain the situartion? 
I can only speak for myself but to me they always are very helpfull and suporting

Hello Jasperdina,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to contact Airbnb, but I couldn't find any contact information.

Could you please help me with this.

Kind regards,

Ramin

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The easiest way to get in touch with Airbnb is by phone: 020 - 5 222 333

Ramin1
Level 1
Almere, Netherlands

Thanks Bob

Never wait till the last moment. Call airbnb next time directly! : 020-5222333

Karen-and-Tom0
Level 1
Ghent, Belgium

You can write a 'report' or 'rapporteer deze gebruiker' - anonymous if you like. Did you do that? Airbnb should verify them better and take care of following hosts. Take care of safety for all of us!

Beste Karen en Tom, waar vind ik raporteer deze gebruiker? heb net een aanvraag afgewezen, omdat de huurder voorstelde om niet via airbnb te huren. En hem de commissie als reductie te geven. Heb alles afgewezen natuurlijk. Maar heb geen idee hoe ik nu airbnb op de hoogte stel daarvan.

Mirjam0
Level 10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Naast elk bericht  van je gast staat een grijs vlaggetje, als je daarop  klikt verschijnt er een keuzemenu  waarmee je  de gast kan rapporteren,  oa : poging tot betaling of contact  buiten Airbnb  om. Het kan zijn dat dit een naieve  beginnende host is,  dus ik reageer alijd  vriendelijk met de mededeling dat ik voor ons beider veiligheid  de communicatie via Airbnb wil laten lopen

Ans0
Level 2
Amersfoort, Netherlands

Hi Ramin,

My discription of the appartment says:

"it is only for use for the person(s) who rent it"

Serina5
Level 1
Aalsmeer, Netherlands

Hi Ramin,

I think you should be very happy that the kind Egyptian people didn't sue you in court! What you did was very dicriminating and sad behavour. 

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf