Can’t message potential guest

Bo94
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Can’t message potential guest

I have a problem with messaging a potential guest. She inquired about staying long term in my apartment. I responded and accepted her request to stay the period she wanted. 

After this the communication seems to be blocked, I can’t send her any more messages and the chat says: this person can’t receive your messages right know. 

She didn’t reach out to me anymore or made the reservation, the offer has since expired. I tried to send a Special Offer but this is also not possible.

Airbnb is not helpful at all, they say there is probably something wrong with the guests account but this seems weird to me. She also did not look like a scammer or fake account because she had reviews and is a member since 2016.

Does anyone now what this could be and how I can fix this? Thanks! 

4 Antwoorden 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bo94 

I think there is indeed something wrong with her account.

Sometimes Airbnb blocks accounts without sharing with you the reason for it.

Can you still see her Airbnb profile ?

If the guest becomes active again she will probably contact you if still interested.

But for now maybe contimue with other bookings.

Bo94
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Thanks for your response! I’ll just continue with other bookings and see if the contacts me again.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Bo94, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. Most of the time, in such a situation, something is indeed wrong with the guests' account. It could be for various reasons, such as payment issues or other reasons. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Bo94
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Thanks, that’s makes sense! 

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf