AirBnb support is unresponsive

Viktorija29
Level 1
Veles, North Macedonia

AirBnb support is unresponsive

I booked a place on the 16th of December, I was supposed to stay at the place from the 29th of December until the 15th of January. I messaged the host on the exact date I booked his listing, he didn't reply. I contacted AirBnb support that I'm fearful that I won't be able to check in because the host is unresponsive. They said they can't give me a full refund only a partial one and advised me to push with the reservation, in case of a host no-show they will find me another place to stay at.

Fast forward to today 26 of December. I finally managed to get a hold of the host via telephone, he told me that he hasn't been using his AirBnb account for over two years and that I won't be able to check in because his place is not for rent. He told me to sort it out with AirBnb.

AirBnb support is unresponsive, I fear that I'll be left without a roof over my head thanks to their unprofessional handling of the situation. I don't know what to do. I tried contacting them several times and they blatantly ignore me.

2 Replies 2
Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hello. 
Call Airbnb today, since yesterday was a holiday. 
They said they would find you another place to stay. I think they will transfer your money into the new place. Good luck to you. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Viktorija29 ,

I hope you are doing well! Since it has been a while, did you find any new updates or resolutions to your situation? 

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines