Airbnb CEO renting a room in his house for $0. Thoughts?

Answered!
Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Airbnb CEO renting a room in his house for $0. Thoughts?

Hi all - so airbnb CEO Brian Chesky  is renting out a room in his house for $0. 

Thoughts?

Says he'll even bake you cookies... 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I hope this captures your questions accurately, and that the answers clear up any confusion!

Why did Brian decide to share his home for $0?
Brian is excited to provide a complete unique experience to his guests, not only in the chance to stay amidst Airbnb history but also in offering a 100-percent free stay.

Is he managing all reservations himself? How about guest queries or requests, given his busy schedule?
Brian does manage his own account and will be managing the reservations.

Why is Brian not accepting reservations until 2023?
With the upcoming holidays, Brian is looking forward to traveling to reconnect with family and friends, like so many. He looks forward to sharing homes over the following weekends:
  • Friday, January 13 - Sunday, January 15
  • Friday, February 3 - Sunday, February 5
  • Friday, March 10 - Sunday, March 12
  • Friday, March 24 - Sunday, March 26
He will continue to open more weekends throughout the year.

So we can try and get one of the weekends as he opens them up in the coming weeks and months! I saw some Hosts in one of Host clubs (facebook groups) bagged a stay.

It would be so amazing if Hosts from the Community Center managed to book a stay! 

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Flavia202 

Seems to me the listing is suspended ;>)

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/3

@Emiel1 

LOL!  Thanks for the link. Suspended so soon... PR stunt, huh? Let's hope the Winter Releases will not follow suit. As the world turns.. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 @Flavia202 

Hi both,

The listing is NOT suspended but, my word did, it get a lot of traffic and is now booked up to October 2024 already!! You can go check it out if you want to have a look but (like me) we aren't going to be staying there anytime soon! 😫

I'm going to get you all some more details on this as there's clearly a lot of questions! Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Ok, @Stephanie 

Will certainly stay tuned.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I hope this captures your questions accurately, and that the answers clear up any confusion!

Why did Brian decide to share his home for $0?
Brian is excited to provide a complete unique experience to his guests, not only in the chance to stay amidst Airbnb history but also in offering a 100-percent free stay.

Is he managing all reservations himself? How about guest queries or requests, given his busy schedule?
Brian does manage his own account and will be managing the reservations.

Why is Brian not accepting reservations until 2023?
With the upcoming holidays, Brian is looking forward to traveling to reconnect with family and friends, like so many. He looks forward to sharing homes over the following weekends:
  • Friday, January 13 - Sunday, January 15
  • Friday, February 3 - Sunday, February 5
  • Friday, March 10 - Sunday, March 12
  • Friday, March 24 - Sunday, March 26
He will continue to open more weekends throughout the year.

So we can try and get one of the weekends as he opens them up in the coming weeks and months! I saw some Hosts in one of Host clubs (facebook groups) bagged a stay.

It would be so amazing if Hosts from the Community Center managed to book a stay! 

Thanks

-----

@Stephanie  it's a great PR idea, and I do hope he is vetting guests well, because there are some trolls out there who hate abb 

I'm kinda busy for all of 2023 at this stage, so a USA trip is not quite on the cards, but who knows. 

Thanks, @Stephanie 

Trending..

Hello Stephanie, I hope he has a co host because that makes him a super full time host. I hope he is also prepared for the reviews , what about those who want to extend their stays . I think if he is going it alone he may find the cleaning a bit much. What freebies does he offer/ is the host there to talk to and help you with every little thing . Is there a pool , a yurt , a hot tub ?. Good Luck Brian .  H

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

PR stunt for sure but too open to trolls, it was bound to backfire. He perhaps should have done it quietly and then talked about it afterwards. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Best intentions gone awry? 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I took it as a 'tongue in cheek' offer, nothing more. There is something goofy, but likeable about Chesky. He shows the same personality as those of others of his young billionaire generation; too rich at too young at an age to ever have to totally grow up. So they will never do so and that is cool in my book also, for I hear its boring.

Kevin1718
Level 2
Ashbourne, Ireland

But will he achieve superhost

@Kevin1718 

His $0 listing has only 2 reviews so far - in Feb & March2023....