Airbnb is fraudulent, it charged me 5 cancellation fees from 2017

Answered!
Cesar39
Level 2
Darmstadt, Germany

Airbnb is fraudulent, it charged me 5 cancellation fees from 2017

I used to rent a small apartment in 2017 in Berlin and the apartment contract was cancelled because guests made too much noise and the neighbors made several complains to the building manager.

I spoke with airbnb about it and they cancelled all the bookings and told me it was solved on their side.

Recently I started using airbnb again and now they're charging me 500€ in cancellation fees from back in 2017, what kind of nonsense is this?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cesar39 

If a reservation is cancelled by the host (or by Airbnb on behalf of the host), then penalties will apply:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/host-cancellation-policy

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cesar39 

If a reservation is cancelled by the host (or by Airbnb on behalf of the host), then penalties will apply:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/host-cancellation-policy

Airbnb are a bunch of thieves and liars. Your policy says fees won't apply to hosts in situations out of their control then you give them fees on top of problems created by guests, and you don't even help in any way dealing with any problems. You're just there to suck money from both sides nothing else.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Cesar39 

The fees are only waived if your situation falls within the extenuating circumstances policy. I am really not sure if it did as the policy has probably changed a bit since 2017 so it's difficult to check, but I'm guessing not...

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Cesar39,

This is a forum of Airbnb guests and hosts who share and exchange experiences and insight.  None of us work for Airbnb so it's not our policy, and the rules would impact us the same as you.  The only forum moderators have an employment connection with Airbnb, and I don't think that they are employees of the company.  

I know this was a shock, but it's your responsibility to read the Terms of Service and visit the Help Center to confirm the policies.  The Airbnb rep didn't lie to you in 2017, because everything was taken of from their side after the cancellations were completed, but probably could have reminded you of the cancellation penalty.