Asking Guests information without sounding intrusive...

Answered!
Christi8323
Level 1
Murrells Inlet, SC

Asking Guests information without sounding intrusive...

I am looking for advise on how to ask a guest more details about their stay without sounding too intrusive. We represent several homes and already have an automated message that goes out after they book their stay, asking for email and for them to sign a contract. We have  homeowners that would like for us to gather more information, like the reason for their stay, who will be staying with them and their ages. If anyone has had a good experience with this and could share how you go about this or how you word it, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Christi

1 Best Answer

I’ve had several Airbnb properties ask for this information.. I don’t think it’s intrusive at all. Usually it’s a family vacation or a birthday celebration or a work related stay... I have no issues sharing that information. if you have an issue sharing that information that might just be a red flag that you may be using the property for reasons that may cause damages. You could also phrase it as we would like to Taylor their stay fitted to their needs in case the cleaning crew needs to provide extra towels or blankets for sleeping arrangements. Hope this helps!

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

I’ve had several Airbnb properties ask for this information.. I don’t think it’s intrusive at all. Usually it’s a family vacation or a birthday celebration or a work related stay... I have no issues sharing that information. if you have an issue sharing that information that might just be a red flag that you may be using the property for reasons that may cause damages. You could also phrase it as we would like to Taylor their stay fitted to their needs in case the cleaning crew needs to provide extra towels or blankets for sleeping arrangements. Hope this helps!

I appreciate that! Thank you!