Asking for and giving 5* reviews

Paul6548
Level 2
Cottonwood, AZ

Asking for and giving 5* reviews

We ask all our guest for suggests and criticisms on how to improve our home so we can make the airbnb experience better , we do ask them to leave all criticisms in private and not in the review .

I tell all our guest that we only give 5* REVIEWS in the hopes that we receive 5 * reviews with nice words to follow .
So far , so good . Except one guest did not like that .

Are we doing something wrong ??
Thanks in advance

I did post this in another forum

31 Replies 31
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Paul6548 you can ask the guest during their stay if everything is okay, and as they leave maybe check all went okay ,via messaging, but blatant digging for five star reviews in what is supposed to be an independant review is somewhat frowned upon if not completely no go.The guest also has a part to pop in suggestions and/or criticisms. It is a different practice for some other people here. I personally would not like to be asked ........ but I am a big girl and always take pity on my fellow hosts because I know how hard they work and would never give less than five stars for trivial reasons.     H

You can always add as they leave and after you have asked if their stay was okay ,if they could remember to leave a review . and you can send an automatic reminder.       H