Backdated review removal

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Backdated review removal

In light of the Airbnb update I went back and found a retaliatory review.

The guest overstayed and even entered the property when new people already checked in (they had the door unlocked). The response I got from Airbnb? You can charge them for the late check out through resolution center.

First off, I already did that and in fact referenced that in my message to them as proof of what transpired.

Second, I was asking specifically for the review removal in light of the new policy using the link posted in Cheeky's updated.

The only thing that surprised me about the whole encounter was that I believed yet again that Airbnb changed. Silly me

33 Replies 33

@Kia272 @You have to tell me the story of evil Alyssa!

@Inna22  Oh gosh, where to begin? Wanted a refund  for the first night of a two night stay, because her boyfriend "had to work." They lived 1.5 hours away, but apparently co-dependency leaves you unable to navigate in a car by yourself. She had a cousin coming too, but having the boyfriend drive down the next day wasn't an option.

It went downhill from there. They smoked in the cabin, used firewood they didn't pay for, and decided they could stay until 5:00 because of the first night they "missed." Check-out is at 11:00. I threatened to call the police because they wouldn't leave. They finally left with their middle fingers in the air, and they wrote "Trump 2020" in my guest book. She left 1* across the board. I left a measured and professional review of her, making it absolutely clear how horrible she was. She left a response that only exaggerated how bat-sh*t crazy she was (it got removed), but I have had to live with that 1* review for years. That was my only revenge review, and I'm so glad it's gone.  Bumped me up from a 4.96 to 4.99. I'm super stoked. It's more about justice than about my numbers, because revenge reviews are just not fair!!! Phew! 

Thanks for inspiring me to get that gone! 

@Kia272 too late now, but you should have charged her for the extra night. There is some blurb in the rules that you can do that. Airbnb backed me up on that one the one time I decided to go after the guest.

And yes, that is a classic example of a review that should be removed!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Kia272 The new policy can be applied to reviews retroactively if you have any retaliatory reviews you wish to have removed. The volume is something for us to worry about! 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen