Becoming an "AirBnB caretaker/rep/landlord"

Answered!
Peter3642
Level 2
Norrköping, Sweden

Becoming an "AirBnB caretaker/rep/landlord"

Hmmm, first I'd like to apologize for the cryptic title - I wasn't sure what to call the role I'm referring to 🙂 Nevertheless, this is what I'm actually asking. I'm wondering if there's a possibility to act as a "point of contact" for landlords who are not able/have the time to welcome new renters and being their point of contact during their stay? Maybe some landlords have places that are geographically spread and need people to represent them in various parts of the world?

Maybe there's a possibility at AirBnB already but so far I haven't found it. Does it exist?

Cheers

/Peter

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Peter3642 

Hosts normally look for cohosts who have extensive experience of being a host themselves, who know how the different STR platforms work, how to manage cleaners, how to set up and market listings, do turnovers, deal with problem guests, make claims for guest damage etc.

If you want to become a cohost you could start by hosting a room in your house to gain experience.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Peter3642 The term you are looking for is co-host and it's quite common. However, I am not aware of a system on Airbnb for setting this up. I think you need to reach out to hosts in your area. However, what relevant experience do you have? I imagine most hosts will want someone who is already accustomed to dealing with guests, turning over listings etc. Then again, if co-hosts are scarce in your area, that might not be the case!

Hi Huma0!

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your reply! I'll look into this a bit further...

Cheers

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Peter3642 

Hosts normally look for cohosts who have extensive experience of being a host themselves, who know how the different STR platforms work, how to manage cleaners, how to set up and market listings, do turnovers, deal with problem guests, make claims for guest damage etc.

If you want to become a cohost you could start by hosting a room in your house to gain experience.