Damage Claim

Shayla8
Level 1
La Grande, OR

Damage Claim

I have been a host for Air BnB for a couple of years now and really enjoy it.  I've had a couple of guests that left me a little frustrated. 

My question however is my most recent guest had a teenage girl who burned the top of our nightstand.  To replace it is about $250, this seems unreasonable to me so I requested money to paint and refinish it $50. 

The guest got pretty ugly and told me her daughter did not have candles or matches, that it was probably from someone else. As we all know we go through our homes with a fine tooth comb it was not there prior. 

They had also destroyed a bunch of toys, that I told her about but asked for no compensation.  She told me that she would give m $6 for markers but the rest comes with renting my home. 

Will Air BnB look at the claim or because she gave me $6 close it?

1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Shayla8 If you select “involve Airbnb” in the resolution center they will look at it. You must have submitted the claim before your next guest checked in or 14 days after check-out, whichever is first. You will need to submit photos and receipts. (FWIW I personally would not bother pursuing compensation for less than about $100, especially before the guest’s review has posted.)