Denied because my husband has 1 review and I have none

Denied because my husband has 1 review and I have none

Hello! My husband tried to book a 30th birthday get away for him and I, and they denied us because we used Airbnb once on his account. They said it’s not enough reviews and I needed reviews on my account. I don’t have any since I normally book hotels since they’re cheaper for a quick visit. I’ve stayed at airbnbs under other friends accounts for their birthdays. I’m always the one cleaning up and making things are easy for the host on departure.  I’m just annoyed… is there anything I could say to the host?

6 Replies 6
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Kalli44 

I don't think this is airbnb, the host has the option to not accept bookings without previous reviews, without looking I think it is 3 required, especially when the host has Instant Booking turned on

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kalli44 many hosts (ourselves included) do not have this requirement as we have had many excellent first time users staying with us.

I am afraid you will just need to find a more accommodating host - there're lots of us out there.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would find another host who doesn't have this restriction @Kalli44 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Kalli44 , maybe the birthday mention was the problem, as all parties are banned on Airbnb , you say get away but its unclear... H

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

By 'They' you mean that particular host? Thankfully there are like 1,000,000+ others to pick from.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Kalli44  Initial screenings can be set by hosts, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t make a good impression by simply contacting the host and cheerfully pleading your case, as you did above. Just introduce yourself and politely ask if an exception can be made, explain how neat and responsible you are, etc. If I were the host, and a new guest went to this effort, I would likely to accept, and feel very good about it.