Extra flowers and chocolates

Extra flowers and chocolates

Hey everyone - a guest has asked me to get some flowers and chocolates for his girlfriend for their one night stay this weekend. I sometimes put fresh flowers out but if they're staying one night, then it would be best to leave them in bouquet package, no? 

Also I would like to know if hosts would charge guests for doing this? and also how you go about charging extra money?

Option 1 - offer circa.£30 and an extra hour for check out.

Option 2- grab something cheap from local shop and not charge

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

8 Replies 8
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Indeed, I know 5-star-hotels offering this kind of service.

How did the guest "ask"? In a friendly way, offering reimbursement - or just requesting?

Yes sorry - I should have stated that he has offered to pay 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Cassie167 

Well then, as @Ruth413 says, it all depends on his budget. If he hasn't specified one, ask him.

As for payment, you can just send a request via the Airbnb resolution centre.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Cassie167  Although I wouldn’t mind the extra work and expense involved in this request, I would be concerned that since the guest asked this of you right off the bat, and especially if he expects you to pay for it, it might represent a certain level of expectation and entitlement that might complicate other aspects of the stay.

I would respond that I would be happy to accommodate the request, along with a “standard fee” for providing the service. You’ll learn a lot from his subsequent response.

You can collect the fee via the Airbnb Resolution Center online.

Yes sorry should have stated that he has indeed offered to pay 

Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Cassie167 

We quite often get requests like this.  Either decorating the property for a honeymoon, a local produce welcome pack or flowers, chocolates, champagne etc.

I am also more than happy to provide this to make someone's stay that little bit more special for them.  

What I tend to say, is absolutely no problem and ask them for their budget.  I take that into account and go out and get what I can within that budget.  Sometimes it takes a little searching for, especially the local produce baskets. 

Once you have a budget though, it is easy to decide what you are going to provide.  You do need to charge though as this is your time and I can honestly say that every guest I have had has been really appreciative of the extra bit of effort put in, although they have paid for it. 

I would try and avoid a cheap bouquet but if that is all the guests budget allows, you are a bit stuck.  Maybe rewrap them and add ribbon etc.  Also if the budget is that low, I would explain to the guest beforehand what could be provided so he/she won't be disappointed on arrival.  

Hope this helps. 

Thank you but how would I add an extra charge through the booking 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Cassie167  schrieb:

Thank you but how would I add an extra charge through the booking 

As @Pat271 and @Huma0  said: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions