Guest cancelled after check-in, complained about everything and requested a full refund...

Wenyuan1
Level 2
Forsyth, GA

Guest cancelled after check-in, complained about everything and requested a full refund...

Husband and I became a host earlier this month for the first time. Unfortunately, our first guest arrived today and hours later, requested a full refund with Airbnb. Without sharing her concerns with us, she complained about our stairs not being polished (Airbnb refuted this claim because the listing has a picture of the stairs showing a natural wood color), about the air refreshers, and about us having magazine subscriptions on the table (for guest consumption)... 

Prior to her arrival, I’ve politely asked if she needs special accommodations, given clear instructions on how to access the property,  and put out a little gift basket of snacks.

When I reached out to her to ask if I can address any issues, she snapped and started complaining about more things, which are not truthful: the place is not clean,  the exterior needs a new coat of paint...

Baffling and disappointing.

15 Replies 15
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Wenyuan1 

So sorry to hear that your first guest experience was a challenging one.

I'm pleased to see you've had some great advice from @Kia272@John5097@Robin4@Helen3 and @Huma0 - thanks everyone!

I hope that your next check in goes smoothly and positively!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines