How to charge guests for missing parking pass?

Michael6978
Level 1
Seattle, WA

How to charge guests for missing parking pass?

There's a single parking pass that I keep in the unit for guests to park on the street (Restricted street parking zone). It would cost about $50 to get a replacement from the city and take a couple weeks.

If a guest forgets to return it after their stay can I charge them to replace it, and if so how?

I mention in the check-in and check-out instructions that there will be a replacement fee if the pass is not returned but I don't know if that is enforceable.

1 Reply 1
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Michael6978 

We have all our guest sign our contract on arrival here in Thailand we need passport details,

We have it written in the contract for loss of keys, and we have one condo that has a keycard entry system,

Lots of guest lose the keycard or forget them, in my villas upto now we have not had a problem with a bunch of keys.

The keycards are a problem we have to buy them from the condo project we dont have a choice, the guest cant get one of them for security reason I have to go there and the last guest a few weeks ago says he lost one but Im not sure, we had to reprogram all the cards and the lock on the door, we got charged for that so I charged the guest about $25.