I am very upset that the payment for my booking is not being given to me by the guest making false allegations against me.

Pramod14
Level 1
Agra, India

I am very upset that the payment for my booking is not being given to me by the guest making false allegations against me.

1.-CONFORMATION CODE-**

I am not satisfied with your services. Because you are not ready to listen to me. You have made a decision without investigating the matter. When I am giving you information about every activity again and again but still you are not listening to me. Why am I being punished when it is not my fault. This is going wrong with me.The fault of the guest is being forced upon me.

As I told you earlier that this guest came to my place and also took a room. After that in the evening told me that you give free dinner to my family. I said that I cannot give food for free because I am also an employee. I don't have the capability to feed food for free.All I can do is give you 20% discount on your food bill.  After that the guest told me that now I am complaining about your hotel. I requested many times that you do not do wrong with me like this.

After that at eight o'clock in the night he went with his family and stayed at a hotel named Taj Galaxy. After that he sent me the visiting card of Hotel Taj Galaxy and some photos from there. And told me that this hotel is real. I said this is not my hotel.My hotel is next to Taj Galaxy. But the guest had to somehow return the money by making my false complaint. So he misled you on the pretext of listing address to prove my mistake. But I request you that no mistake has been done by me.So I want this payment to be shown as positive in my transaction history.

CONFORMATION CODE - **

This guest not only came to my place, but did more harm to me.I booked a taxi car for this guest as the guest requested me many times.So the guest told me that now you make the payment on my behalf, I will come and give it to you. I trusted the guest and booked the car by paying 6000 rupees.

But after coming at the last moment the guest told me that someone in my house is unwell so I cannot come.you return my money I said that according to the policy you will not get the money and you should bother to give me 6000 rupees. Which I had given for booking your car. So the guest threatened me that I will take my money no matter what I have to do.

That's why I request you with folded hands that you please get me the payment for both these bookings.It will be so kind of you.And I will be forever grateful to you.

Warm Regards
Ankit Sharma
Airbnb Host

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

8 Replies 8
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Pramod14 

This is not airbnb, this a forum were everybody is like you a host,

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Pramod14 ,

I am so sorry that you are facing these difficulties. Thank you for sharing your concerns here with fellow Community members. But, have you had a chance to connect with the Airbnb Support team through the contact page? If you need more assistance connecting with Airbnb for your issue, you can also look at this resource Guide: How to contact Airbnb. This will also help you to reach out for necessary help and clarification.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Pramod14 I am a bit confused by the issues you presented. Are these two separate situations or if it one situation with two presenting issues? Additionally, this is a forum mainly for hosts, so your best option to handle payment disputes would be contacting customer service/support. 

From my understanding, the first issue is that a guest asked for free items that you were not at liberty to provide, and then went to the wrong accommodation.  This resulted in them making a complaint and receiving a refund of some degree. What I am not quiet understanding is what exactly the complaint is about. It appears that it was related to confusion about the location of the accommodation. If this was the case, were clear directions and was a correct address provided to the guest? Did the guest communicate any issues to you related to the accommodation, and if so, how were they handled? A lot of factors are missing in your explanation so it's hard to give sufficient feedback or advice.  That being said, customer support is not the best towards hosts and tend to side with guest. You can continue to reach out to them, but it might not result in any changes being made to the decision. 

The second issue is related to you paying a cab fee on behalf of the guest, and them not paying you back. If a guest is requesting a service that requires additional funds, those funds should be collected prior to you arranging the service or an arrangement should be made for the guest to pay the provider directly. A request for additional fees can be done via the platform. At this point you can request the funds from the guest, however there is no obligation for them to pay. Airbnb likely won't cover you for this as it is not related to anything that would commonly be covered under insurance. At worst, you might have to chalk it up as a learning experience.  

Lastly, I did look at your listings and it appears that a number of guests have experienced issues related to check in and cleanliness. That might be something you want to look into and address as you move forward. 

Pramod14
Level 1
Agra, India

The guest came to my place at 11:00 am and took two rooms.He liked the room and after spending 8 hours he came to my reception and said that you give us dinner for free.I said as per your booking your dinner is not included in this booking so you have to pay for it separately When I refused to give free food, the guest threatened me that I will complain about you in air bnb and get your listing closed.Guest booked room in another hotel by talking to another hotel and left my hotel after using two of my rooms for 8 hours I request you to please give me the payment of this guest as soon as possible If you have any complaint about this booking then you can tell this statement.The guest is misbehaving with me because the guest is not getting free dinner I am already telling you each and every move of the guest so that I don't get harmed.I request you once again not to return the payment of this booking to the guest, I am entitled to this payment.I have also given the room to the guest.The guest got a cheaper room in another hotel because of which he will complain about me to you on some pretext or the other.That's why I request you that do not listen to the guest, the guest will try to mislead you.

Warm Regards

Ankit Sharma

Airbnb Host

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Pramod14 ,

We are just a Community Center where other hosts can advise you on this matter. And have you connected with the Airbnb Support team through the contact page to report the challenges you have been facing with this guest?

-----

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Actually as an admin you can raise this issue with Airbnb @Bhumika 

as you know sadly Airbnb has a policy to suspend hosts without warning when they receive guest 'safety' complaints which in many cases are false .

@Pramod14  you are not talking to Airbnb this is a host guest community 

I'm sorry you had this experience . 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Helen3 ,

Thank you for tagging me here! Yes, we as admins would always like to help in any way from our side. As you know, we do not have access to internal tools and ongoing tickets. Hence, I just wanted to know more about what information Pramod had received from CS if he had contacted them previously!

I checked in with the team and had already escalated this for him. Hope he has some updates about this soon.

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Pramod14 

While you have some nice reviews, you really have a lot of truly terrible ones. I mean really bad. Those are not just from the two guests you mentioned. Are you saying all the others are lying too?

I would suggest you listen to some of that feedback and try to offer something better. Perhaps your accommodation is very cheap and therefore basic, but it needs to be reasonably clean. Used sanitary towels in bins and beds smelling of urine are not okay. I know that cockroaches can be a common problem in hot climates, but several of your guests mention these.