[Idea] Allow hosts to select different cancellation policies for select dates

Taylor117
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

[Idea] Allow hosts to select different cancellation policies for select dates

This is an idea I'd like to see implimented within Airbnb. To give hosts a little bit more flexibility in their cancellation policy it would be really great if we could set different Cancellation policies for different dates. For example, say there is a popular event that always occurs once a year. It would be great to select those dates of the event and select a stricter cancellation policy while keeping your other dates flexible for example. That way it prevents you from losing out potential income for a very busy event but allows all your other dates to remain flexible for guests. 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Taylor117 

This idea has been brought on the table several times in this community.

An alternative is: create a duplicate listing (duplicate feature) and choose a different cancellation policy. Set "availability window" to "dates not available by default". Then open the specific dates on the calender for bookings and close same dates on the original listing.

Wouldn't that split the reviews for your particular listing if you do it that way? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes it would @Taylor117  but you were asking for a solution to have different cancellation policies for the one listing .

The reviews are still all under your profile.

Yeah I know, I was just asking for clarification if that's what it would do. Thank you for providing a solution.