Is Airbnb help center not working today?

Laura1355
Level 7
Minnesota, United States

Is Airbnb help center not working today?

Hi, I hosted people in my home before COVID-19, and recently resumed hosting in my home. My first guest requested on 11/17 to stay from 11/17 to 11/24 and I approved it. I communicated check-in instructions and the guest arrived. I introduced myself, told them about the space, and invited them to make themselves comfortable. The guest showed up with just a coat and purse which struck me as a bit odd for a week stay. She went to the room and was in there for maybe ten minutes before she came out, muttered she would be back, and left without taking the key to my home with her. I figured she would return so I left the key in a place she could easily find it, and went to bed. The guest has not returned to check in or even to indicate that they don't want to stay here. I don't know what is going on. 

I received an email from Airbnb safety team last night at midnight. I cannot read it or access it; I just keep getting a message that the message is not available. I called Airbnb this morning and was told Eva the agent would get in touch with me. I have not heard from anyone.

What do you think is going on? I have never had this experience and was a Superhost before Covid shut everything down. I am honestly perplexed.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura1355 

This is indeed a strange experience. Maybe an Airbnb "mystery guest" visited you 😎   ?

But more serious: a message from "Safety team" should be made clear to you asap.

If you use the app, did you also try the website (computer)  to read it ?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Laura1355 ,

Sorry to hear this. I am sure without any answers to this situation, it would have been perplexing. I have connected with the concerned team regarding this. Hope you get to know what was going on.

Bhumika

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Laura1355,

I hope you have finally received an update regarding this issue and it has been solved. 

Bhumika

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines