Lack of AirBNB Support - PIN number reset

White-Spruce-Lodge0
Level 1
Canmore, Canada

Lack of AirBNB Support - PIN number reset

Hi there,

We are a hospitality company that has been in business alongside AirBNB for several years, and our account was compromised last December. We have an active fraud investigation going on as our payout method was changed to a foreign bank account and we lost quite a bit of money due to it. The person who compromised our account also re-set our PIN and security questions.

I have been actively working on this for weeks now. We have not gotten paid out by AirBNB in a few weeks as we were told we need to review our payout methods before we receive our cash. However, this is hidden behind two-factor authentication... and we need to know the PIN number to fully authenticate our account online. I have called AirBNB support MANY MANY times to help resolve this. Nobody has helped. I have been told someone would call us back multiple times, nobody has ever done so. 

Has anyone else had the same issue? I am very close to just de-listing from AirBNB due to this. This entire process has been unprofessional and unfair. We are just looking to resolve the issue and it's pretty ridiculous that such a simple request is unable to be resolved. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what have you done to fix it?

11 Replies 11
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Are you talking about your bank PIN number? If so, your bank would have to help you reset that, not Airbnb. I don’t think I understand exactly what you need Airbnb to do.

We have dual-authentication on the bank we use for payout, but we only need to provide Airbnb with the routing and account number for it to be fully functional. There is a Payments and Payouts section online where you can provide that info.

For my multi-factor authentication, it asks me to verify my phone number and then my AirBNB PIN number which was set by the person who compromised our account.  I can't access anything about my payouts without knowing the PIN.Screenshot 2022-03-22 143116.png

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@White-Spruce-Lodge0  Airbnb has no knowledge of nor access to, your bank account pin number. 

White-Spruce-Lodge0
Level 1
Canmore, Canada

@Sarah977 @Pat27 

This is not in reference to my bank pin number, this is regarding my AirBNB PIN and Security questions for two-factor authentication:

Screenshot 2022-03-22 143116.png

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@White-Spruce-Lodge0  Never heard of an Airbnb pin number. I have never had too input such a thing.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @White-Spruce-Lodge0 - sorry to hear about this.  

I just wanted to check in and see if you got the support you needed to resolve this from Airbnb yet.  Can you let me know please?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Jenny and @White-Spruce-Lodge0 

I have the same problem. I have cannot change my Airbnb password or pin and need help with this in order to get paid out. I have tried to call Airbnb with no luck.

Could a representative help me?

Thanks,

Michael 

Egill5
Level 1
Selfoss, Iceland

Did you get any help? I have the same problem

I can't activate two-factor authentication on my account as its only available for "Hosts in the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (UK)". Did you have this setup before your account was compromised or did the person change your location and phone number to a EU one.  Does a new PIN get sent to your phone number each time? or is this a one time PIN number like telephone banking in Canada.  

James3409
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Did this get sorted? I'm having similar problem. Disgraceful

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @James3409 ,

Hope you are doing well! Can you elaborate more on your issue and whether you connected with Customer Support to resolve this?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines