Leaving a review that hosts understand!!

Glen-N-Penny0
Level 2
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Leaving a review that hosts understand!!

We have some current guests (in our shared space who are not 'bad' per se, just a little overwhelming. Arrived at midnight, which we agreed on, but very noisy outside (disturbing neighbors), loud in the house, running baths at 1am and speaking so loud. Also kind of demanding and a bit beligerent where they could park (we were trying to make sure they didn't get towed!!). They are here for 3 nights but wanted to do loads of laundry, which we wanted to love on them and be accommodating. We realize this could be a cultural or translation difference. But... we kind of want to warn next hosts without being mean in our review of these people. 

One previous host about them, wrote 'nice guests' and that was it. Maybe an indicator? It would be great to have some kind of code wording so we at least can have a heads up on some guests that are not terrible but not easy!!

8 Replies 8
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Glen-N-Penny0 now with the new review process you can be very specific in the stars and specify what they did, but keep your written review neutral. I'm pretty sure we've had very similar guests and they are difficult to please, v demanding and treat us like an underclass, with no respect for others around them. 

so now you can leave a customised note about this in the review, like so: 

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 4.59.54 pm.png

I think when a host writes 2 words that is a clue.  

Nice!!!  Thank you so much @Gillian166  so appreciate that. 

so... just to clarify, the guest doesn't see this, just future hosts... I have listened to the upgrades, but wasn't sure on that. 

@Glen-N-Penny0  I have asked for clarification of this twice already. 

And now 3 times! because it does actually say they will tell the guest what we wrote. Apparently I have to be patient and wait for an answer, because this question I'm asking is so unique that no one considered it yet. 

I think they DO see it. I just wrote a review for my guests and it seemed, from the wording, that the guest does see it. 

'Nice Guests' was the term I used. Honestly they were fine. I have had one or two that did not get a great review and there the truth was declared!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The phrase 'Excessively High-Maintenance' should convey the not-so-hidden message; that is what they sound like they were from start to finish.  Actually they sound obnoxious, but that may come across too strong.

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

No code words are needed, just say the truth:

exuberant, high spirited, cheerful and gr8 guests

to have for any party & national celebration day

Glen-N-Penny0
Level 2
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Very fun!