Lost Superhost status with 4.86 review score

Tim42
Level 3
SF, CA

Lost Superhost status with 4.86 review score

been hosting 10+ years and I can’t figure out why this happened. My listing has a combined score of 4.86 and I have been hosting all summer with mostly 5’s.

I have two listings of same home but one was not activated. 

The deactivated listing has not received any bookings all year and in past 3 years.

The Airbnb service rep tells me they combined both listings and averaged it out.

So, when you preview my listing it shows 4.86 with reviews but no superhost status.

15 Replies 15
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Tim42  that's very odd. I've got an extra listing too that is mostly blocked off (it's just for wedding groups) and I hope that's not going to effect my stats long term. I suggest you ring back and ask a different person, and ask them to email you the policy, in writing, that says that deactivated/snoozed listings count towards the average. 

Thanks but it is a bit exhausting  and time consuming with the verification, explanations, reading of superhost rules by CS, but no one can explain, so the CS ends up patronizing me by making comments “I understand how disappointing this is to you”

and says there is another reporting period in January and if I improve I can make it again!

I take a deep breath and calmly interrupt the reading of superhost guidelines speech  and politely ask them to send the ticket to a supervisor and request them to call me back with an explanation. 

They respond there are two open tickets and I wonder what was the purpose of the past 20 minutes of conversation we just had, and they promise to send another message to a supervisor to call me.

No one does. 

Email sent by Airbnb thanks me and say ticket is closed.

It feels like  purgatory with a infinite replay of condescending talk sprinkled with prepared readings.

I could use the $100 coupon and it feels very unfair like they pulled the rug out from underneath me at the last possible

moment but this is expected from corporations I guess.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Tim42 Happens to the best of us , it must be the number of stays or nights. Ten completed stays or three stays of over a 100 nights.We are just hosts like you . We have all been through this . Each place would be separate .H

No, it is not the number of stays. I have 75 stays so far.

I will probably have close to 100 by end of year.

What is very odd, when I check my superhost reviews I exceed all standards.

The issue here Airbnb made an error and is not correcting it. 

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

The 10 bookings in the period is per Host, not per listing, so it shouldn't matter how many listings you have or whether one gets less than the other.  There's no "averaging it out across listings", that's just the CX agent making **bleep** up rather than admitting they have no idea.

As long as you're rating is 4.8, you have zero cancellations and your response rate is 90%, you should keep your Superhost status.    It sounds like they've made a mistake.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Tim42 

I think whoever you spoke to is talking out his backside,

I only have one listing showing on airbnb and there is another one un listed, Im a SH, 

Would be interesting if you kept us informed if does really effect your bookings not being a SH, 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Tim42 Maintaining SH status depends on more than just rating. It’s a total of 4 variables. Over the last quarter, was your response rate at least 90%? Did you have 10 trips or complete 3 reservations that totaled at least 100 nights? Did you have less than 1% cancellation rate?

If yes to all of these, then go back to CS and make note of all 4 measures that you met and accomplished. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tim42 

@Gwen386 is correct, although I think she meant over the last year, not quarter (the assessment is done every quarter but takes into account the past year). 

The information the CS rep gave you isn't necessarily incorrect, they just haven't explained it clearly at all. The Superhost assessment is not based on the star ratings on your listings. Those ratings are made up of all the ratings you have ever received for that listing, whereas the rating for Superhost is takes into account all ratings you have received for all listings over the past year ONLY. It doesn't matter how many listings are active or not. The important thing is to get enough ratings between them.

You need to look at the stats on under Insights: Superhost and select the period 1st October 2021-30th September 2022. Here you will see your overall star rating for that period and also whether you met the other criteria that @Gwen386 mentioned.

Thanks @Huma0  for correcting my error. I actually thought it was per quarter so I’m really excited to know that the assessment takes into account the past year. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gwen386 

It's a bit confusing because they do the assessment every three months, so it would be natural to assume it's only about that particular quarter. However, each quarter, they look back over the previous 12 months ratings/other criteria. 

One must therefore consistently maintain standards, which makes sense I guess. Superhost wouldn't mean much if the bar wasn't reasonably high!

Tim42
Level 3
SF, CA

Still getting 5’s and the listing is still 4.86. I fact, I imagine the score will climb higher soon.

I spent over an hour so far dealing with cs. I asked many times to have a supervisor contact me back and kindly explain to cs that they cannot make any changes. They basically state I didn’t meet standards but I ask for explanation why my rating is 4.86. I get a scripted response.

I eventually ask for a supervisor to look into the ticket and to call me. I did this 3 times but no one calls me. I receive an email stating the case is closed and the process starts over again.

Time is money and I don’t have either to waste. 

Tim42
Level 3
SF, CA

Can anyone explain why I lost it?

What you’re doing well RequirementYou
Target

Overall rating

Response rate
100%
90%
Cancellations
0/yr