My Airbnb host has ghosted

Lianne140
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

My Airbnb host has ghosted

I booked an Airbnb for a friend and he lost the keys a week I to his stay. The host is nowhere to be found, does not answer my texts or phone calls from Airbnb help line. All my friend’s stuff and his PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS are in the Airbnb. What can I do?!?!?

8 Replies 8
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Lianne140 

Right now there is not a lot you can do, Im guessing this is 3rd party booking? 

Yes, but the host was aware and accepted this booking.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Lianne140 

This is a difficult one as it's against Airbnb's T&C to a make a third party booking. If you made this clear on booking the host shouldn't have accepted the booking.

What did Airbnb suggest when you called them? Were you given a phone number for a local host when you booked that you could contact?

I am sorry your friend lost the keys to the listing. 

The host was aware of and accepted a 3rd party booking. Airbnb Support have been trying to get a hold of the host but have so far been unsuccessful.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lianne140 simple answer is you need to be patient and wait for the host to respond. They might be flying somewhere, asleep somewhere or just working without their phone. I suppose the guest could call (and pay for) a locksmith if they are desperate to get in.

It has been 3+ days….

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Lianne140 ,

As other members suggested, did your friend connect with Airbnb Customer Support and informed them about this situation? 

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes. They were unable to get a hold of the host.