New Revenge Reviews Policy

Iuliia8
Level 2
Riga, Latvia

New Revenge Reviews Policy

As we know, a new policy (nov 16 2022) just came out.

https://www.airbnb.ca/resources/hosting-homes/a/a-simpler-way-to-dispute-retaliatory-reviews-552

Has anyone tried yet to delete smth using these new rules? Does it work or... as usual?😆

14 Replies 14
Diane15
Level 6
Spokane, WA

I just heard about the Revenge Review reversal and put in a request to have a revenge review removed from 2019.

In my case, the guests (a group of around 10-12 people,) refused to leave at the agreed- upon time (I had told them they could spend an extra TWO hours after check out, but apparently that wasn't generous enough for them.) When our crew arrived at the home they saw all the cars still in the driveway and waited for them to leave. (Assuming they were collecting up the last of their belongings.) After 15, 20, almost 30 minutes, they was still no movement from them, so my crew went into the home and were stunned to find not only had they not packed up, but they were just sitting down for their lunch. They told my crew they had to eat first and then they would pack up and leave. To make matters worse, the house was a mess, especially the kitchen, where curry was spilled and smeared all over the floors, cabinets, counters, and even the slider door window. My crew told them they needed to collect their belongings very quickly and leave the home. The guests brushed them off. My crew called me and I messaged the guests and then Airbnb to let them know what was going on. I believe Airbnb contacted them, but they still weren't leaving, still telling my crew they needed to finish eating. At that point, my crew told them they were going to call the police. It was only then that they got up from the 3 different tables and went to pack their bags and leave... Then the guests had the audacity to make nonsensical claims of one of my crew members "hitting" someone's fingers and "yelling and cursing at them"... which of course was ridiculous. Later that day, the guests left a 1 Star Review. Writing in the Review:

"House and Owner was good and helpful but we experienced the worse check out ever caused by one of the crew."

We have NEVER received a 1 Star rating, the lowest being the occasional 4 Star. Of course, that 1 Star Review sent my rating plummeting to the ground. My listings are very large and don't get rented out several times a week, but rather several times a month, so we don't get a chance for loads of reviews. This has really hurt my business.

I contacted Airbnb and asked them to remove the review, but it was clearly left as revenge for being asked to leave the home and threatening to call the police, but Airbnb said they could not remove it because (under the old Airbnb review rules,) they said the Guest had followed the rules.

Needless to say, I was thrilled to learn about Airbnb's new "Revenge Review" policy, as that review was CLEARLY written out of revenge and was not an honest and truthful review.

My claim has been submitted to Airbnb today, we'll see how it goes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Diane15 wrote:

my crew went into the home and were stunned to find not only had they not packed up, but they were just sitting down for their lunch.

yeah, why not?😄

"House and Owner was good and helpful but we experienced the worse check out ever caused by one of the crew."

Was the same situation when a guest wanted so desperately to get into the our neiggbor's apt that she tried to open the neighbor's key lockbox for 10 min and finally broke it, and  this situation so distracted her that she left me 1 star🤣

Lucky, most of our guests are great... but I get 1 or 2 years that are the worse!

Did you try to get your 1 Star review removed yet?

@Diane15please let us know if you can remove this review

Hi Julia.

I can report that the Revenge Review that was written against me WAS REMOVED this morning... after YEARS of having that 1 Star Review bringing down my rating, it's GONE !

I spoke with a really great Airbnb customer service rep named Jeff.

He went through the message history between the guest and I and he agreed that the review rating was written for revenge and was not an honest review.

So give it a try everyone!

Now I just have to raise my ratings lowered due to hiring some "recovered drug addicts" that the city was encouraging local businesses to hire and things will be golden. ("No good deed goes unpunished", as the old saying goes 🙂 Live and Learn!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Diane15 It's great to hear the review got removed in the end! It must be such a relief to have that wiped off your slate. 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello Sybe.

You have no idea what a relief it was. As I had stated before, we don't get several bookings a week, so when it's so limited in terms of the number of bookings/reviews we receive, getting that 1 Star review sent our overall rating average crashing to the ground.

Thanks for the kind words!

wow, it's really great news! so glad for you! actually great news for all of us:)

@Diane15 wrote:

Did you try to get your 1 Star review removed yet?

nuh, it was an year ago,  i've got my rating back pretty quickly:)

They may remove a review from years past, but not a current review.    They post a hyperlink to the review policy.  But no explanation of the 'new review policy' in relation to a Guest violating House Rules.  Seems like empty promise.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Iuliia8 

I've not tried it myself, but I've seen a few posts here and there on the CC from hosts that have both been successful and unsuccessful and a guest who was angry because their review was removed for being retaliatory. I think, like almost any dealing with Airbnb CS, it probably just depends on the rep you get on the line and if they are sympathetic or not.

Someone else posted that they have some sort of check list that they use to decide if a review should be removed or not, but who knows what is on it, because they aren't going to make that public knowledge...

Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Iuliia8 

If it doesn't violate the review content they won't remove it.

It's strange.

Mike from West Palm

IF ITS RELATIATION THEY WILL REMOVE IT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR NEXT GUEST DEBUNKS THEIR LIES.  YOU JUST HAVE TO STAY WITH IT AND GO TO THE POLICY AND LET THEM KNOW YOU KNOW THE RULES AS WELL.  

Stephen1004
Level 7
Los Angeles, CA

As usual.  No investigation.  Just no.  Nothing new.

Tatjana125
Level 2
Slovenske Konjice, Slovenia

So here I am.
It has been more than 36 hours after I reported a dispute, for a guest I proved lying on their issue report, and NOTHING HAPPENED.

BUT, THIS HAPPENED, I quote:

Your listing has received 2 recent low ratings, or had other issues, like cancellations. Now’s the time to take action on the listing issues guests have reported.

As a reminder, all Hosts must follow our ground rules for Hosts, which cover our expectations for things like cleanliness, communication, and listing accuracy.

2 recent low ratings?!
I have actually perfect 5s. At least I had before the troubled guest.

It's nothing is even close to reality, but ABB keeps torturing me.