Nightmare Guest Experience - Not protected against guest

Emma3026
Level 2
Dakar, Senegal

Nightmare Guest Experience - Not protected against guest

Hi Guys, 

I would like to share with you my nightmare experience as a host. I am feeling really left out by Airbnb, and I have the impression that I am not protected. I don’t know if you feel the same. Happy to read your stories. 

here my story. From day 1 to the end the client M. has found all the little things to discredit my place my place. M. Called three times Airbnb to complain about stuff that is not even true just to get a reimbursement. The client has unpleasant communication to me and my team. When M. end up leaving through altering the dates, the client never showed for the check out leaving my property unlocked, all AC and lights on. M. Left the place dirty with trashes the floor. The client has never paid the electricity. I have requested the client to pay the electricity and M. has still not yet paid the electricity. The client does not pick up Airbnb calls. And I am told that they cannot do anything. I asked Airbnb to delete the review, which Airbnb denied. This is clearly a nightmare experience. The client will ruin my business and there is no sanction against it. How can we be protected, how can we protect this type of client to future hosts. I will clearly post a bad review but this is not enough. I am feeling that there’s no enough protection to host. Clearly the client has violated multiple times the rules despite’s evidence nothing is done. 
Sorry for my long message, but happy to have your advice, stories. 

15 Replies 15
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Debora1454 

Yes, you are very wise to do so! I can see guests getting bent out of shape about it, especially the bit about the WiFi!