Plumbing

Answered!
Kelsey155
Level 2
Utah, United States

Plumbing

I am new to Airbnb, but not to vacation renting.  I have a guest who arrived New Years Eve night, an hour or two into their visit they complained about the toilet not draining.  (Mind you I live an hour away from this property, through a major mountain pass)  I informed her of where the plunger was and the issue was kept at bay.  She asked if we would give her a discount and I of course was apologetic and said I had planned on it....this is my first Airbnb rental!  No reviews yet!  We had a major snow storm that was occurring at the time with the end being 2 days away.  I spent hours and hours attempting to find a plumber to brave the weather.  When one finally did, he said there were feminine products floating in the toilet, 3 teen women one older woman and a baby occupying my 1 bedroom condo with a pull out sofa, meant for 4 at most.  They claimed to the plumber, it must have been the guest before, however I have not allowed anyone to occupy this property this summer in order to take some time off, it sat vacant most of the year until a regular guest who comes every year for 3 weeks was there in Sept/Oct, they are in their 60s and retirees who fish.  No one else has been in the property.  Now I have a bill for $169.00 and a guest who thinks she should be refunded a discount! What do we do?  

1 Best Answer
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

Send a message (by airbnb) saying that the problem with the pluming system was caused by them, since you did not have previous guest, and because of it you are sending a money request for the plumber. Send the money request, make sure you upload the receipt. And explain everything what the plumber found inside the toilet. They will most likely refuse to pay, then you escalate the issue to airbnb.

Babies don't count as guests.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

Send a message (by airbnb) saying that the problem with the pluming system was caused by them, since you did not have previous guest, and because of it you are sending a money request for the plumber. Send the money request, make sure you upload the receipt. And explain everything what the plumber found inside the toilet. They will most likely refuse to pay, then you escalate the issue to airbnb.

Babies don't count as guests.

Kelsey155
Level 2
Utah, United States

Thank you I have, I waited until they checked-out, I didn't want to chance repercussions from the guests in a property I live so far from.  Thank you so much for your response!!!