Selling my Airbnb property...

Jessica52
Level 2
Sherwood, OR

Selling my Airbnb property...

Hello hosts

I am the super host and recently decided to sell my Airbnb property.  Just got an offer and very likely to accept the deal.  With that to say,  I will have to cancel my guests' future reservations, will that cause me losing the Super host status?  I appreciate any advice! 

Jessica

36 Replies 36
David-and-Gael0
Level 2
South Australia, Australia

Hi Helen

You make some good points for Airbnb hosts who have close contact with their guests but many hosts are absentee owners and have a manager or caretaker to look after the guests.  This is much like a hotel situation where the owner is not present, and a manager handles all the bookings.  If a hotel changes hands all the forward bookings don't get cancelled! 

Our new owner will also be an absentee and will be continuing with our caretaker in exactly the same way as we were.  The change of ownership could have zero effect on the forward booked guests.  The current system used by Airbnb will inconvenience, the current owner, the new owner and the forward booked guests.  All this could have been avoided with a simple, seamless transfer of ownership.  The price would be the same, the accommodation would be the same and the guests would be none the wiser; everyone would be happy. 

I agree with you where host and guests interact closely but that is not always the case, and some flexibility would be a big improvement the how Airbnb handles situations like ours. 

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Why can’t you add them as a co-host make them the primary, and then eventually move off the account?

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Jessica52 would you pm me your Airbnb listing location? i’m buying in oregon and a set up Airbnb is perfect.

btw, yes. cancellation will kill your super hosts status. i think you will be subject to penalties too. be careful before you cancel. 

I have a new renovation of a si gle Family detached property Iin Washington, DC 3br 2.5ba close to everything. 

Garage! Outdoor patio. Contemporary call me at ** if your looking to expand into Washinton DC, Maryland. NORTHRRN VIirgina area.

Justin McNair 

McNair Realty Group 

Principal Broker/Owner 

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

It is a matter of timing, right? Any way to close the sale after the last guest goes? You could also talk to the guests directly to let them know the situation.  Are you planning to start an airbnb in another area? We are superhosts near St. Louis and want to sell and start up again in Utah. How did you find your buyer?

Hannah1307
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

As of today, reservations (through specific wording in the offer to purchase) are obligated to honor the reservations. As long as you can provide the documents that you are selling your property, PER the AIRBNB representative I just spoke with, you will NOT lose superhost status. The reservations will be cancelled by Airbnb and directed to the new buyer to take over reservations. Hope this helps someone. Just do the research.